Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait - May/June 2008

Default same BT date - lucky for some!

Hi girls.. This is my first ever posting... and I have read probably thousands of others, which have been both uplifting and dashed hopes! but have ultimately given me a much needed somewhere to go with all these spriralling feelings of torment!

I am on the other side of the world to many of you girls but, we do share a really important something, which is a BT date of the 13th, this Friday!.. It feels less isolating to know there is someone else out there at the same stage! and there are 2 of you I have seen so far,RustyBeth and CountryBlue, and I think RustyBeth and I are similar age, I'm a bit older.

This is my third time in the 2WW, previously had 1 2dt (3 x 4cells embryons transferred-none frozen) ...13dt (3 x embryons transferred-8/7/6 cells-one frozen) with ICSI

This 2ww is with FET and experiences so far this 2ww, cramps for first 7 days, bloated tummy, headaches pretty quickly after transfer (bad aches at top of neck/back of head). Been very tired into the 2nd half and the cramping subsided, only the usual morning bowel movement type discomfort (sorry TMI!!), which I constantly worry is AF!! Scared to go, just in case! Strange dreams. Shortness of breath (i think progesterone pessaries cause this) Oh..and strange tasting mouth, which I think comes with being overtired?

Been trying to rest/stay occupied, sleep/exercise, forget/obsess!!!

Seem to have GOT THROUGH this far!.. not sure what will keep me sane through the coming week.

Sun is shining, suprisingly for UK, so off to beach for the afternoon, so that will be some hours passed! (during which I am sure there will be some hopeful

Wishes for us all: Calm, strength, PMA, and most of all lots of :goodluck2: babydust and sticky vibes

Will be keeping an eye on how you all doing.. extra close on the friday girls!

Tarkine- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Am so so so very happy for you. That's just wonderful news. I hope your BFP rubs off on all of us. Truly am over the moon for you. Enjoy every day of your pregnancy. I hope it's a happy and healthy time for you.

All my other TWW buddies. Hope you have had a good day. I've just been to a fantastic Flamenco show with my husband and his parents and out for some yummy thai dinner. Now I'm all nice and warm in my PJ's and ready to relax in front of the TV...Starting to get very anxious.

Have had some AF type pains today but I keep reminding myself that the last 2 times I was pg, I had these same pains. Also had ridiculously sore BB's when I had EPU and transfer and now they are nowhere near as sore. BUT also I keep reminding myself that my BB's must have been really sore before from all the drugs. See what I always say girls....mind games.That is the part I can't handle!

So hope you are all warm and snuggled up at home...will chat tomorrow.

Hugs Bel

Karly Guest

Hello All,

Well I am still a sad case although I have more reason today...I got a BFN.....I did a HPT on Friday night and got a fainish BFP but that was expected cos the prgnyl would have still been in my system. The clinic told me I could wait til today to do it as my BT was due today but being a Sun they would do in Mon. Anyway I was going to the premier of Sex and the City and it was a full on dress and hair affair. Woke up early as pre movie stuff started at 9 and i had to get organised. Felt a bit off when I woke so thought I would do the test first thing. Waited about 5 mins and BFN... cried my poor little heart out. I was devestated. Went out to the movie and cried numerous times. I have no idea what happend in the movie. I dropped my friend home and began to drive home and the tears just kept coming. Then i was lost. I had to call my DH and ask how to get home. Through my crying and sniffing he had no idea where i was and eventually I made it home. The first thing I did was check the HPT again and there was a faint line on it. Probably just something that happens after a while.

So tomorrow is the big day and I already have a heads up on whats going on. Im kind of glad I know now and not have to hear it from a stranger and burst into tears on the phone (im sure i will anyway). I have slept all afternoon and cried when I am awake. I have very sore eyes which need to go back to sleep so I they dont look puffy tomorrow.

Tarkine...Congrats on the BFP....

Anyways thanks for all being supportive dureing my 2ww and I wish you all the best of luck in getting that BFP.

I will be keeping an eye on you all to see whats happening.

Bye

BellyJiggles- Welcome to the madness and mayhem that is the TWW!! Great we have a friend joining us from the UK. Sorry you haven't had any luck in the past with your TTC. This is such a hard journey to be on and for some unfortuately, it just takes a bit longer than others.
    You'll find the support here really wonderful and all of these wonderful strong ladies will become your friends. Procedures here might be a teeny bit different but we are all going throught the same thing.
    A couple of us have our Blood tests on the same days here..I'm the 11th..so only 3 more sleeps for me. As you may have read from some of my posts, I am going crazy!! Like really bonkers..think I am driving my DH insane! Lucky he loves me!!
    All the very best, will check in on how you are going.

Hugs Bel

Karly Sweets- I'm so sorry you got a BFN at home. Look, I don't want to give you false hope, but please keep your strength up and don't lose it any more til you get the BT results. My last cycle I did a home POAS and got a BFN, then the very next day had a BT and got a BFP....so please please please just til you get the call tomorrow, keep a little bit of hope.

Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight..you are probably exhausted.

BIG hugs
    Bel

Default thanx 4 the welcome

hi... still on beach and just read my first message on the forum... thanx for such warm welcme bel, brought tears to my eyes and realsised how lonesome this ivf trip is! sad to hear of recent bfn and and remember only too keenly the overwhelming pain and tears... so many tears... sending comfort and peace to u... keep going to u others with some days to go and rest! huh! back soon.

Hi.. back from beach and took bath to warm up! Dont know if any of you avoid baths during the 2ww, and maybe its an English thang.. but I really miss it and had to have one.. tho not the usual long relaxing hot soak.

I just re-read your posting Karly, and I think I would be feeling positive that you could have had your BT today, and had a faint line on the HPT, especially if you feeling off-colour. Although obviously you can't know for sure til tomorrow.. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope you manage to have some peace tonight, you dont know til the result's in... its so agonising swinging one way then the other about your outcome; do you have another test you could do tonight or tomorrow morning? I think I would have to be if I got a feint blue line.. a false negative is a far more likely occurence than a false positive (in terms of the testing kits).. I have known a friend be pregnant and do several tests at the same time and 2 say she wasn't preggers!.. but she was. hoping you have some good news at the end of your torment!

Because I have just had FET I was only given a single daily dose of progesterone to take, and it has surprised me how 'off colour' I feel.. I expected the headaches, but not the odd taste in my mouth, or the slight queasiness and this makes me feel like it must have worked this time!!!!!.. but the occasional cramps, always remind me that AF could be just around the corner I had thought, that one-third of the dose would leave me fairly side-effect free). I dont know what to think.. and therefore haven't set my mood icon yet, as I dont know what to think - is there a 'driving me mad' one? aarrrgghh!

I also think that it is too soon to feel ANY pregnancy signs atall at this stage as the amount of anything in the body from the embryon is so low...

gotta finish dinner now.. sign back later

Hey Girls...

Congratulations Tarkine! YAY! Wisjing you happy adn healthy 9 months of pregnancy!

Karly, personally I don't trust HPT 100%. There are so many factors when it comes to early testing (time of day, how much you have had to drink etc). Just hold out for BT hun. I know it's hard adn it totally sucks!

Bellyjiggles - goodluck adn hope TWW is kind to you!

Bel - I had the same twinges for whole 2nd week of TWW last time I was preggers. So here is hoping it's all good hun!

Smithy - Hope you are doing okay hun!

AFM - all fine here, wish it was over already - anyway just have to be patient!

Rach xx

2008 is the year girls!!

Thanks for the wishes... its been a long time coming

Kema Guest

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Tarkine - Congratulations on your BFP, I hope you have a healthy 8 months ahead. I'm so happy for you.

Karly - I'm so sorry hun, I really hope the HPT is wrong and you are surprised at your BT.

Bellyjiggles - I hope your stay with us here is short, and I mean that in the nicest way... Good Luck with you FET this month. I am also doing a FET but mine is a natural one with no drugs, which is nice at times. But I am continuing to read into every little twinge I get.

I'm finally half way through my TWW, now I just have to try and make it through week 2

Good Luck to everyone with betas this week for lots of BFP's

Karly Guest

hey gals,

Thank you all so much for your kind words. I am now just waiting for that phone call. Not building my hopes up. Did have a bit of good news today....because no AF as yet due do progetrone pessaries I was nervous that I would have to wait a whole month before getting back into the iui or ivf thing. I called the clinic to check on an appt and I have one on the 11th....its fate that i made that appt. Next month is my month ladies. I must be having a positive moment right now. Not sure how long it will last. hahaha.

Had the dreaded BT this morning. Cried all the way there and all the way to work. Since then I have been fine. Feeling really good about everything. im glad we tried and probably failed. That makes me feel so lucky to have the 2 kids I do.

Once again ladies thanks so much for you kind words.
    Never thought I'd say this....BRING ON AF

Im sure I will post again in the next hour or so once the results are in.

Good luck to all that are testing this week.

Sorry my friends..not much to say this afternoon. I started bleeding earlier and am absolutley gutted. Going for BT in the morning but I know what it will tell me. I'll check on you all when I'm feeling a bit better.

Hugs Bel

Good morning all!

just been rereading some of the previous postings.... and Bel, you reminded me that each time I had stims they (and the trigger shot) made my boobs,especially the nipples sooo sensitive, and permanently erect! most embarrassing.. but that subsided some days after.. and I never had any boob sensitivity with real pregnancy, but I did have AF type cramps, convincing me that I wasn't preggers.

Tarkine... So fantastic .. you must be so elated.. congratulations.

Oh Bel.. just read your latest post.. an awful moment for you but do try to wait until you get your result.. stay calm.. asking the impossible! .. but the reason you still have to have your BT is cos this can happen. So hang in there and big hugs back to you

Karly .. hope you doing ok.. keep your spirits up. hugs to you too

I did a big reality check after my last go failed.. but still get hopeful as soon as I start again! What a roller coaster..

Aw thanks Kema for the welcome... I'm still hanging onto the strange taste in my mouth as something significant and denying that AF will come this time.. I have done a natural cycle for the FET also, but just given lowest dose progesterone support, as I think its supposed to help prevent miscarriage? and I thought at such a low dose I wouldn't experience any symptoms, as I am, I am hoping this is a good sign of my own high progesterone levels too!.. look at me talking myself into being pregnant!

Rach - thanks... you seem very calm... hope you are feeling that way, and that you are feeling well despite yucky pessaries!

I realised last night that you were all probably asleep when i checked back in and posted!.. although you are in different time zones I think you are mostly in bed by the mid afternoon here!

PMA / calm and strength to all...

Oh Bel, all of my feelings from last week just came rushing back. I know exactly how you feel. So sorry to hear it hun

Bel, so sorry. My thoughts are with you...

Hey guys,

I'm so sorry bel....I'm sending you happy vibes - but just let it all out! Hoping it'll be your turn really really soon...

bellyjiggles - I sound calm - WOW that is so nice. I kind of am at the moment only because I know I have only just begun TWW and after my m/c I am trying not to get my hopes up of course it is hard though!

Goodluck to anyone testing this week!!

Rach xx

Oh gorgeous Bel, my heart is breaking. I have been off line all weekend trying to keep sane, and I just read your post. I am that it is implantation and not that ugly witch. Please be kind to yourself and feel what you need to feel. I am here for you if you need to talk.

Bellyjiggles, welcome to our insane TWW. Its lovely to have someone from the other side of the world with us. I hope that this is the last time that you have to go through this and will be for you on Friday.

Karly, I'm so sorry that this was not your cycle hon. Big for you. Hold on to those little ones of yours and know that you will have another one soon.

Kema, good luck for your last week of the TWW. Hopefully this is the last one for you also

Tarkine congratulations have a wonderful and healthy pregnancy.

To anyone I have missed to you all. I have missed out on so much over the long weekend, so have tried to catch up as much as possible.

AFM I am still chugging on. Nervous as nobodies business about BT tomorrow. Am trying to be strong and not do a HPT as I know that will only do my head in more. I thought that I was going to be out this morning as had AF type pains all day and night yesterday and a really sore lower back. But so far nothing (knock on wood).

So I will keep you posted on how I go, but I think there will not be much sleeping going on tonight!

Janie xxx

Oh Janie i have everything crossed for you :goodluck2:

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast