Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait Thread #6

Peta call your clinic it is what they are there for I have started bleeding today I called mine they have been great we may still have 1 embie haning in there

Thanks TL. I just didn't want to jump the gun with calling them & seem crazy, but I guess its better that I do.

NAT025 Guest

Tiggerlinda - I hope you still have a little one there.
    I was a little confused as to what would happen if one of my two embryo's transferred didnt survive, how would this be released from the body? Would you get a period but when it came to blood test time you may still get BFP if the other embryo implanted.
    Peta- How did you go, did you speak to clinic

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I was a little confused as to what would happen if one of my two embryo's transferred didnt survive, how would this be released from the body? Would you get a period but when it came to blood test time you may still get BFP if the other embryo implanted.
    Nat, sometimes you may get a bleed if both two embryos implants but one doesn't continue. But if only one implants, you will not get AF-like bleeding associated with the loss of the 2nd embryo. You will just continue with a singleton pg as normal.

Hi Girls
    It looks as though AF is defintely here today. I have called the nurse this morning & she has told me to continue with crinone (yuk) as there is still a slim chance I could get a BFP after BT. I am not really holding my breath, but trying to focus on the idea that we still have 6 frozen embies ready to go. So, a bit of a downer, but not to worry, hopefully i will be back here really soon.
    How are you all going?
    xo

NAT025 Guest

Thank you so much Sushee I had no idea, just have to keep my fingers crossed that AF doesnt appear at all now. My BT is on day 31, Wednesday 7th November. when do you think I could test?

Nat, since it was a blast transfer, I'd say test on Friday. That will be 12dpo, so it might still be early if you don't get a line, though.

slyder Guest

Hey peeps, speaking of which, DW asked the clinic today whether it would be OK to do a HPT later on in the TWW as our BT is totally ****ed up by the time at which it falls (ie has to be done a couple of days after it's due), and the nurse said due to the drugs there would be a chance of a false positive.

As far as I'm aware HPTs only look for hCG, and DW hasn't had any hCG boosters this cycle, only pessaries and the oestrogen tablets. So I am somewhat confused by that.

pessaries don't give you a false +ve, slyder, but I have heard others being given this same info by their clinics. Either the nurses don't know what sort of LP support people are on, or they are trying to actively discourage the use of hpts. Personally I think it's a bit of both.

slyder Guest

My thoughts exactly, Sushee. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't barking up the wrong tree. They definitely know her LP status, so it has to be the latter. Sort of annoys me that we're being treated like kids. I know that the BT is the definitive answer, but we also know the risks of using a HPT prior to the BT.

NAT025 Guest

Hi Slyder
    How is DW doing today? And how are you?

I am losing more and more confidence today as I am little cramps alot like AF. If it is AF I just want it to hurry up and arrive so we can plan the next cycle.

How is everyone else doing?

slyder Guest

Hi Nat. Hope you get an answer one way or the other soon. What you say is exactly my attitude as well to these things.

I'm fine, DW fine mentally. Physically, yes there are some signs but as I said, more than likely it's the pessaries. The main thing at the moment is that if she doesn't keep eating she feels queasy. She's also getting tired very easily, but not dog tired like when she was on the crinone last cycle. Until she does a natural cycle I trust nothing! I really don't think it's going to happen this time.

NAT025 Guest

Slyder - Oh I hope you guys get this too!!! When is your DW due date for AF as they usually plan the BT quite a few days after this for the HCG to register don't they? You seem so patient! I would of done a thousand HPT's by now

I have found that I have put on so much weight its not funny. I am over it. I don't need to be pregnant to look pregnant at the moment. I am going to my MIL's tonight to see my 5 month pregnant sister in law and listen to everyone give me advice on to stop stressing and maybe go and see this naturopath blah blah blah. And listen about Water birth's etc I end up feeling very exausted and negative after every dinner

slyder Guest

I actually don't know when AF is due. I've lost track, but they said with the pessaries she wont get AF anyway until she ceases them, or gets preggers. We're not testing warly simply because it will make both of us totally anxious. I'd rather deal with the result once, than deal with 4 or 5 results beforehand, but that's just me.

DW popped out after her stim cycle and I gather it's fairly normal. As for your family, I don't know about you but I just try to pretend mine doesn't exist!

NAT025 Guest

Slyder - I probably should take your advice and not test a thousand times and think oh maybe its too earlier to test or maybe its not a good HPT etc. I might just wait for my BT on Wednesday if I can and if AF doesn't arrive beforehand

I want to ask a bit of an embarrasing question to anyone who can help. Why do they say after transfer no intercourse? I am a little worried as its been 1 week today since by Day 3 transfer and my husband and I just forgot about everything and started to you know (sorry TMI). I stopped realising OMG what are we doing and now i feel really bad.

Hi Guys sorry i was just reading up on everyone but wanted to assure Nat not to stress! My clinic advises not to BD between EPU and Transfer, but after transfer you are fine whenever you feel comfortable
    And dont feel bad!

Good luck everyone wishing you all BFP's!!

slyder Guest

Yeah, it's news to me Nat. I was under the impression you were ready to rumble whenever you felt like it post transfer, as Shannon indicated. In any event, if the conception had occurred naturally, many couples would continue BD'ing in the days following as they wouldn't know that conception had occurred.

NAT025 Guest

Thanks Shannon and Slyder. My DH said the same thing to me by us doing what we did is not going to change the out come of getting BFP or BFN, the decision has already been made.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast