Thread: Luteal Phase Defect

Question Luteal Phase Defect

Hi lovely ladies

Well I was chatting with my girlfriend last night and happened to mention to her that i was a bit concerned as although my cycle was 28 days, I always seem to ovulate on day 17/18 and then my period comes 9 or 10 days later, which i think would suggest a luteal phase defect? I am unsure about what to do, although i do know it is easily fixed, ie via clomid! I don't want to go on clomid again as I am worried about it flaring my endo up after having all those ops to get it out!!!

My gyno is on holidays, so i was contimplating getting my GP to run some day 21 bloods and then go from there. Although I would like to discuss this short luteal phase with my gyno! But i don't want him to think i am being obsessed about the whole thing, which I am not, but just that it seems to be such an obvious problem that could be fixed relatively easily.... I have a gut feeling that clomid and met would really do the trick for me!!! I never succeeded on the clomid before and that was simply due to the endo i am sure! Anyway i am now going to chart this month, although I said i wouldn't and couldn't be bothered, but it should give a clear picture, if temps don't stay up for luetal phase could be a sure fire sign that things are as i suspect!!! Opinions please????

love leis xx

Leis, get that day 21 test first and then see how you feel.

Various things can be done to address a LPD and they might not involve Clomid. Sometimes a herbal prep from a reputable naturopath can help to move ovulation to a more reasonable phase in the cycle.

I would raise the issue with your gynaecologist but wait for the 21 day results first.

Good luck my friend.

Cheers,

Mel

Thanks Melbo.. i am already on the herbal stuff but should probably email my naturopath about it anyways... i have also read that this is a common problem for endo sufferers.. i don't want to go through IVF again, if i can help it and I am worried that Dr coops might suggest it.. although i do know my body is still recouperating from surgery still... thanks anyway sweets and big kisses for Will... god love him... leis xx

I understand. I've also had LPD and I used to do my own head in sometimes with the same anxieties. I hope things improve soon once you have fully recovered from surgery. You might get a pleasant surprise when your cycle starts to normalise. =)

WM sends a big kiss.

Mel