Thread: mid cycle ultrasound

Default mid cycle ultrasound

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect at a CD12 ultrasound. It is to check whether I am ovulating etc, but I don't really know what it a good or bad result.

thanks

Hi

I had to have an ultrasound on either CD 12 or 13. For me, it was to measure the size of my follicles, as well check out other structural stuff (ie. size and shape of uterus, presence of fibroids, etc.). It was supposed to check whether I have ovulated or not. The ultrasound guy (is it a sonographer?) said that I haven't ovulated yet...but my FF mapped my ovulation on that day...so who knows!

It was an internal ultrasound....which is always interesting!

All the best stillhoping!

beastie Guest

yes, monnie is right.

important is the size of the follicles and if you have some (or one )

your doc can also say, WHEN you'll ovulate (depends on the size)

good luck, hope they find one (or two or three...)

thanks for that.
    Should I be happy with just one follicle?
    That will be great to find out when I will ovulate as it changes every month.
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

beastie Guest

one follicle is absolutly great!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

stillhoping,

they usually want to find just the one dominant follicle! Lol! I think more than that and they worry about the chance of multiples if you fall pg.

Just thought I would update those how are wondering what is involved with a mid cycle ultrasound as I was.

It was internal and they checked my kidneys first, from outside, then the cervix and uterus, and then the ovaries. They press on your stomach to move everything inside, to see if it is moving properly. They check for follicles, I had already ovulated which was a shame, as I wanted to see what my follicles were like. It is worth having, as I feel much more positive about things now.

I thought that I wasn't ovulating properly, yes ovulating, but not strongly. Well the Dr told me you either ovulate or not........ do you all agree with that?

thanks

Hi Stillhoping,

That's good news about your scan!

I guess you do either ovulate or not...I wonder whether the feeling of "not ovulating strongly" might be to do with your homone levels...that they are in the lower range of "normal" but enough to make you ovulate...