Thread: My big plans....

Default My big plans....

Girls - its funny that I noticed two of you mention that you have been thinking about writing stuff down. I have been thinking that I would like to do a book of a whole heap of compiled experiences. So that can be seen from all sorts of aspects with dofferent reasons for infertility, different treatments, different responses and the outcomes. Also would have different ways in which each person handles the whole rollercoaster.

Would love to have your opinions. I am actually hoping to get in contact with a friend of mind who is having a novel published....

Hi Keen
    Fantastic idea. I too have thought about it many times over the years. If I can help, let me know.
    I guess I have 2 stories. LTCCC before divorce and then post-divorce.
    Sue
    You can email me if you want. If I post my thoughts, you'll be up to 12 pages in no time.
    [email protected]

ooops, that should be LT TTC. Am so used to typing CC (living on the Central Coast)....

hey Keen keep me updated as i would love to submitt my experiences... My journal is suddenly filling with weird and wonderful things.. i was thinking i might start a post where us girls can just type stuff about our emotions, reflections.. what do you think??? :-k

cheers

Firemansgirl xx

cazzoom Guest

This is something I would love to do but I have not got the patience to sit and do it.
    You are very welcome to my experiences. email me and I will send you the link to my online TTC Journal!

[email protected]

Cazz

Blue Sky Guest

Hi Keen - great idea. Actually, I was just thinking on my way home about how lonely an experience people must go through on their own, eg. with no BB or other online support or without being able to read about other people's experiences. I know that Ben Elton wrote a book loosely on his (& his wife's) own experience (havent actually read it) but maybe a book for women by women might have a greater impact? Wow, where did that soap box come from??? he he - sorry about that!
    Maybe the book could have a list at the end of LT TTC support groups, web sites, references and the like?
    More than happy to contribute! Good luck - I really think it's a good thing, an important thing to do.
    Cheers
    blue

amandaw Guest

Hi guys

I think it's a wonderful idea...all of us have different, but similarly difficult, experiences.

A selection of everyone's thoughts means that the reader is bound to find something they can relate to in its pages.

You could intersperse journal entries with poems and prose...

I'm in...

Amanda

Thats great girls. Thanks for your support.

I have spoken to an agent for a pulisher who has asked me to submit something. So I am currently doing research into the market for such a book. Including what books already exist, what they contain, what they dont have, and why my idea is essential.

I will definitely be interested in everyone's stories, but will be a while before I work out exactly how Im going to be arranging it all. I'll keep y'all informed.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Keen,

a bit late into this discussion but you know you can count on me for anything you need.

love
    sushee

keen i love your strength you should definately do this - i really hope that you acheive it - one of my life long goals is to write a novel - loosely based on my life and which may now include LT TTC and fertility treatment - Good luck and i look forward to buying your first book!!!