Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Conception Plan-It May Sound Crazy But I'll Try Anything!

sedony Guest

Default My Conception Plan-It May Sound Crazy But I'll Try Anything!

Hi,
    I am on my 4th cycle of clomid and am devistated by the BFN. I spent this weekend in tears because I will only be on clomid for 2 more cycles and don't feel like the odds are high.

As the tears dry up I am starting to view my situation more positively. I feel like my last clomid cycles are a last Hurrah before attempting more invasive fertility treatments, so I am planning to do everything I physically can to create the right environment for conception. I am taking back a little control and being proactive. After hours on the net I have found some things that could help me. I'm willing to give it a go!

Over the next three cycles I will be taking Robitussin to thin my CM (which has thickened since using Clomid), using the Pre-seed lubricant (the only SF lubricant on the market that makes CM more SF), Taking Evening primrose oil to improve the quality of FM, Taking a special herbal blend from the 'Baby Maker', changing my diet even further so it's less acidic (no tomato, spicy food, coffee, tea...) and using ovulation prediction tests and the Maybe baby microscope to help time conception. I will also be attending yoga classes to minimise stress. I am thinking about using egg white but am concerned about salmonella poisoning.

I would love to hear from other TTC'ers who have advice on or experience with the above. I would love to hear success stories or hear about other things I could do to increase my chances of conception.

Also, if you would like to know more about anything I am trying out please ask. I am only too happy to share anything I know! If it doesn't work for me it may work for someone else!!!!

Thanks for reading!
    Melissa =;

Melissa, sounds like you're doing everything you possibly can. Good luck :luck:

Goodluck with everything Sedony. I wish you the best of luck. You will find great support here the girls are wonderful

Love

Hi Melissa,

It sounds like you have really taken mental control over the whole TTC business, which is half the battle!

I have used egg whites twice, and on both occasions have concieved (first with my baby girl Olivia, who is nearly 1, and also I am pregnant again). It took us 3 years to convcieve initially. I too was a little concerned about an infection using egg whites, but no dramas either time!

Very best of luck...........

Hi Sedony,
    Firstly Best of Luck.
    We have been TTC for 2 years. I had a d & C and Laparoscopy in December which showed everything OK. The first few months after this procedure are supposed to increase your chances for TTC so I gave up chocolate and caffeine (as caffeine supposed to decrease chances of implantation) took evening primrose oil for CM and used egg white as a lubricant. And we are PG. however it is early days and I am not sure it is going to "stick" - but at least we got further than usual. We always use OPKs and I know that I ovulate regularly every month. It may have been the procedure that did the trick but I like to think the other stuff helped. I hope it does for you.
    Come chat with us in the long term TTC thread if you want. There are about 12 of us in there, some doing IVF and some not, so you won't feel out of it.

Hi Sedony

Ive been TTC for a few years now and also went down the Clomid path to no avail. Also had the unfortunate experience of an IVF cancellation.

I think I am at the stage you are now, where I am SO ready to do this and am trying everything I can to ensure my body and DH's will be at their babymaking best! All things you have said, I am also doing. Am also giving the egg whites a go, and DH is taking Zinc supplements and Tribulus (increases sperm count and motility).

Its important that you do everything for your body, but DH needs to be at his optimum as well.

Keen

Sedony
    I've got a friend who started clomid this month, my only concern about Drs putting people on clomid (I've been on it too - at the start!) is that some fail to investigate the male. As in clomid may assist with the female infertility problems but to no avail if there is sperm problems!!

hey there, firstly, good luck to all of you TTC! Secondly, this is coming from a naieve mum who fell pregnant a little too easy the first time and has no plans of going there again, so its all a little confusing this TTC words and terms and meds etc. Just wondering, whats egg whites meant to do?? (Is that a really silly question???)

Apparently egg whites can be used as a lubricant during Bding and/or assists with the longevity of the sperm!

Melissa, just wanted to welcome you to bellybelly.

I'm Tegan mum to Lily, 8 weeks.

Goodluck with everything and i hope you get that long awaited BFP very soon!

Take care,

Hey Melissa,

Welcome to BellyBelly.

When I was on Clomid I found that it affected my cm too. To counteract it I increased my water intake, drank pink grapefruit juice & green tea, ate lots of carrots, and took vitamin E.

Wishing you all the best of luck. I hope you get that BFP soon!

Take care.
    Angel.

Hi Melissa,

I believe very strongly on reducing stress (especially bad stress) in your life when TTC. I have had 6 miscarriages and 3 failed IVF cycles and all of them were attempted in a time of my life when I was under unbelievable bad stress at work (ie backstabbing, *****ing, undermining of my position, lies, etc etc). I underwent a bit of a clean out (ie laporoscopy, hysterscopy, etc) and then left work on extended leave (9 months long service leave at half pay). I fell pg again (7th time) and with the help of some medications, I am now 17 and a bit weeks. I had never gotten so far before.

So was it reducing stress? Well, I can't say for 100% that it was, but when I saw on the ultrasound how me coughing can affect the baby so much, I am sure that the stress hormones running around my body could not have been good.

I tired yoga as well and think that it is a positive first step.

Hayseed

sedony Guest

Thank you all so much for your replies. Both my husband and I are overwhelmed by the amount of replies and well wishes we received. I am truely touched!!!

I will keep you all posted and would love to chat with you all again very soon! I wish all of you happiness and success and truely thank you for your support.

Best wishes
    Melissa and Steven

Maya Guest

Hi Sedony,

I am pretty much in the same boat as you - minus the clomid. But I am totally frustrated and defeated.

On my "to do list" this month, I only had Robitussin and "orgasm right after BDing". (I read that if you orgasm within 45 mins after you BD the spermies get "sucked up" to the uterus.)

I am desperate enough to try all the rest of the stuff you are going to try too. But if you don't mind, could you give me more detail, please.

- "Taking Evening primrose oil to improve the quality of FM"
    Do you drink this? Swallow it? When do I take it? Before I ovulate?

- "Taking a special herbal blend from the 'Baby Maker'"
    Can you actaully ask for such a herb in the store?

- "changing my diet even further so it's less acidic (no tomato, spicy food, coffee, tea...) "
    I did not know that coffee can prevent egg implantation. I will definitely cut down on that too . Do you know what we should eat more of?

dust: :bdust: to us all...

sedony Guest

Hi Maya
    Happy to give you more info.

Herbs: I got them from Sharkeys healing centre. I also bought a book called Natural conception from her and that gave me the info re: diet, coffee etc. it cost $22 and well worth the read.

Evening Primrose Oil I take in capsules. I just bought them from Safeway. I thake 3 a day with meals.

If you have any other qustions please ask me as I am only too heppy to help.

Baby dust to you
    Melissa

Hi Melissa,

I've just edited out the link in your post as links to other sites that don't support BB aren't permitted. For more information regarding this guideline click HERE.

I hope you understand where we're coming from.

Thanks

Angel.

Maya Guest

Hi Melissa!

Thank you for the advice Too bad about the link. I did not know that we cannot post links "outside" of BB either until recently.

"Taking a special herbal blend from the 'Baby Maker'"
    Is it from the book you recommended? I will buy it next month. That way, I will have "something to hope for" if I get AF end of this cycle; IYKWIM

Do your friends and families know about your intention to concieve? If so, do you get - " Oh, just dun think about it and it will happen! " alot? I am getting tired of it. I do not know how I can do that ! The moment I wake up, I think about TTC. It's like it's on my mind 24/7. How can I NOT THINK ABOUT IT? And all my neighbours are all pg or have given birth (it's a new community, so all young couples around me) which really makes it even harder to not care about it. Sigh. Maybe I should really take some time off, like Hayseed, work and start yoga classes or something.

Good luck to you, Melissa!

sedony Guest

Hi Maya,

Sorry to about the link. If you want to find out about the herbs do a google on Sharkeys Healing Centre (I don't think mentioning the name is a link - sorry if it is!!!!) The lady who wrote the book, Ruth Sharkey, makes the herbs. I saw the book she wrote on ebay going cheeply if that's a help! Ruth Sharkey is well known. She has been on A Current Affair I think. My friend saw the program and told me about it.

Yeh, everyone says "Don't think about it" I just say "And how do you recommend I do that?" Strangely no one can tell me the answer to that. I find that if I keep meyself busy I go for long periods throughout the day where it isn't tha main focus but like you it is always somewhere in my mind. I am a teacher so I am always around kids so I guess it is hard for it not to aleways be in the back of my mind. I find that if I am proactive, doing all I can to increase my chances of conception that I am more positive but sometimes it is hards to keep up the enthusiasm. I am always looking for new information and different things to do to increase my chances.

Hope you don't need the baby doctor and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    Melissa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast