Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Conception Plan-It May Sound Crazy But I'll Try Anything!

Maya Guest

Hi Melissa!

I have been trying a very hard to distract myself from this TTC process. So, I have been staying away from BB as well.

My neighbhour tried for 16 months and on the 17th month, she "gave up" -sure enough she got pg that month. Does it really matter, I wonder? Sigh. Anyway, I finally got my appointment for pelvis ultrasound. Yay! I am hoping that I will get referred to a Gyn after this.

How are you doing? Have you been following all that you said you were going to do? I know about that book. In fact, there was a whole thread on that book. But I have not read it yet.

Tell me how your month is going. CD and symptoms, if any etc. :bdust: dust:

sedony Guest

Hi Maya,

That is wonderful news for your neighbour. I wish I could give up trying. How did she do it? How did she give up? My friend from work told me a similar story about her sister. I wish I could give up cause it sounds like that could be the trick!!!! (If only it were that simple)

This TTC thing can sure be very consuming. I have been trying everything as I said but I am only taking the herbs, folic acid and 1/2 an asprin a day right now.

I went to the gyn last Monday, 5dpo, and as a result I am booked in for a laporoscopy on Thurday which will be the first day of my new cycle. I couldn't sleep last night because I kept thinking that I really should postpone it as I could be pregnant so I went to get a blood test today to rule it out. I'll get the results Monday but I am pretty sure it's negative as I don't feel pregnant. It's 10dpo and I have very tender, full bb's, pain in my lower left abdomin and lower back, I am very tired and seem to be hungrier than usual and I am a bit sensitive to smells but to be honest I feel like I have these symptoms every month so I am not reading them as pregnancy symptoms. I guess I think that when it does happen I will know right away or something because, (I don't know where I have got this crazy idea from) the symptoms will be undeniable or so obvious that there will be no other explanation for them and I'll just feel pregnant.

I hope all goes well with your pelvic ultrasound. Keep me posted. I had an ultrasound to check out my fallopian tubes about 2 years ago. it's pretty painless. Have you had an ultrsound before?

Speak to you soon
    Melissa

Maya Guest

Hi Melissa!

Yeah, I have had an ultra-sound before too. But it was not for infertility. I do remember it was painless; In fact it was fun seeing my internal organs I will probably call my Doc about 1 weeks after the ultra-sound and see what she advises next. I do hope she will send me for laporoscopy as well. And DH for sperm count etc.

I do not know how they "give up" either. They broke their happy news to DH and I was not there. If not, I would have defintely enquired about the secret to "giving up". If I run into her, I will ask her and delightfully share them secrets.

Let me know about the blood test, alright? I really hope you will get good news and not have to bother going thru laporoscopy.

:bdust: dust:

Maya Guest

Melissa! I meant to ask you where you bought "Preseed". I cannot find it in any of the Drugstores here. Did you buy it online too?

sedony Guest

Hi Maya,

I bought preseed from an online company called 'Downunder Home Pregnancy and Ovulation tests'. I suggest doing an internet search, if you haven't already, and see what comes up. 'Downunder HPOT' might ship overseas. I know it is sold in America if that helps.

AF came three days earlier than expected. It actually arrived just after I called the doctors for the blood test results. I feel a lot happier about the lap knowing that I am not pregnant.

I go in tomorrow at 8am and I should be home by 1pm all being well. I am looking forward to the time off work - 7 days in total. I just hope that if they find something wrong it's easily fixed!!!!! I'll keep you posted (give you all the gory details!!!!)

Good luck with the ultrasound results.

Speak to you soon
    Melissa

Maya Guest

Hi Melissa!!

This portion of the forum is pretty "dead", dun you agree? Anyway, I am glad that AF arrived; one of the rare moments I would have been anxious too if AF had not arrived before the lap. What a bonus that it arrived 3 days early.

So did the blood tests reveal anything at all? I hear that after they unblock the tubes, the chances of getting pg is quite high. Good LucK! I am just waiting for my turn. Hopefully next month.

Wow, I did not know it took so long to do a lap. It does make sense come to think of it. But what is this about taking 7 days off? I mean I am glad you are taking a week off but is that because you are not well after?? If so, what did you tell your colleagues?

Anyway, I hope everything will turn out FINE dust: :bdust:

Hey Melissa and Maya

Hope you guys are both going along well. If you are interested in the link to Downunder it can be found in the BB Products & Service Directory on BB, and the direct link is http://www.downunderhptopk.biz/

Also here is the website address for the woman who has now taken over for Ruth Sharkey (now that she is retired) and has opened her own clinic(after having been trained by Ruth) http://www.fertilemindandbody.com.au

Hope it helps!

And please, do feel free to join with so many other of us TTCers in the Monthly thread

Keen

Maya Guest

Thank you, KeenAs for the links

I will surely pop into the monthly thread

Thank you,

hope to see you there, Maya!

Keen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12