Thread: Is it normal.

Default Is it normal.

Is it normal to still be bloated and have fluid retention and sore ovaries 3 weeks after EPU and having a BFP.
    I was really bloated and in pain for 3 days following EPU and i put on 3 kilos in those 3 days it all settled down for a week and then i started to feel bloated again and seem to be retaining fluid since i got my BFP and i can feel that my ovaries are still tender is that because of the pregnancy hormones will it settle down.

sounds like you have mild OHSS hun - i still had swollen ovaries at my 20 week scan! it sould settle over a period of time, but given you have a BFP (congrats!), it will take a lot longer

Yep. Mine were still swollen at 20 weeks too. And I don't think the fluid really went away till after the baby was born. It should get more comfortable in the coming weeks, though. Let your doctor know if it gets worse at all.

OMG! i didnt relise that if you get a BFP the symptoms continue for so long that would explain why i have a gut when with all 4 of my other pregnancies i did not show until 18-20 weeks.
    Thanks for that now i wont panic so much about what i weigh on the scales.

keep an eye on the scales a little hun - if you feel extremely tight in the tummy, gain a large amount of weight very quickly, have any trouble breathing etc, get it checked. it's normal for your ovaries to remain swollen for a long period when the pregnancy hormones kick in, but you don't want it making you ill kwim?

I was slightly short of breath for a few days but felt ok i think the worst is the bloated uncomfortable belly if i sit in my work pants i have to undo them because i get pains in my ovaries.
    And the constant trips to the loo for just a dribble to give me some relief.
    I will let the nurses know on monday when i see them thanks.