Thread: Not giving up

L8DYBUG Guest

Exclamation Not giving up

Hi ive been TTC for 3 years, been on ivf for 1 year also have tried IUI but so far no luck. I have alot of support from family and friends but no one that has been through what i am going through, so i find it hard to talk to them about the ups and downs. I find out on Monday if my little embie has taken Is there anyone out there that can tell me if it gets any easier cuz i dont want to give up!!

I don't have any advice hon, but hang in there and I am sending you all the sticky vibes I can find Goodluck hon and I am praying you get the hugest imaginable!

Good luck with Monday.
    I too have been ttc for over 3 years. In that time I have only had 4 cycles, as i need to recover emotionally and fiancially! But every one is different.

I cant say it does get easier for me but i learn more about the strngths that i have from within. I also dont know anyone personally who has had to goe through IVF and that is why i am so lucky that a friend has introduced me to this site. She is ttc 'o natural'.

Friends and family are a great support, and i hear so many time that they know how i feel (which they have no idea as they all have children!)

Just hang in there and best of luck

Hi Anna!

I just wanted to wish you good luck for Monday! I really hope and pray your lil embie is snug as a bug.

I've been trying for 5 years but no IVF cycles as yet, saving that for year 6. I don't know if it ever gets easier, I guess you just get used to it and find new ways to keep the hope alive. I know it really helps to have someone who really understands what we go thru and most of the time even though our friends and family are supportive, they will never truly understand. Thats why this is a great place as the ladies here really do understand and we're here if you need to chat anytime!

Good Luck for tomorrow!!!

Alex Guest

Smile

Hi Anna,

I have my fingers crossed for you for Monday. I am on my 5th IVF cycle and find out on Thursday if this one has worked or not. I don't feel any different to how I felt with the others so I don't have my hopes up, but I suppose you never know until the blood results come through.

I don't think that family and friends can ever really understand the emotional roller coaster, my family are great, although they live overseas, we talk all the time. I think it's hard for them to be so far away when know that I am going through this, so they are always chirpy and try and keep my spirits up.

The staff at my IVF clinic are fantastic which helps a lot. I hope you feel happy with your clinic, I'm sure it makes a difference.

With my ivf cycles I have not had a break and having received a negative result have gone straight into the next cycle. I have one frozen embryo left and am on a HRT cycle. I am now thinking about taking a break for a month if the results are negative this week - but on the other hand, I don't want to waste time as who knows how long this could take???

It's great to find a forum like this and I am so pleased to see that the posts are up to date!

R A

Hi Alex

Best wishes for Thursday. I now waiting for AF so i can start cycle 5. I have also just changed my Gyn and clinic after a huge drug mess up at the last. Hey these things happen.

I was wondering how long you have to wait inbetween cycles b4 ttc again as this time we are thinking about going again straight away if the next cycle doesnt work.

All the best again and hope to hear your news next week

all the best for tomorrow L8dybug Anna, sending you as much sticky vibes as i can muster!

I dont think it ever gets "easier" but i think as time goes on and you are more expecting a negative result, getting one isnt quite as hard its more like - "yeah, I know..."
    Dont even think about giving up right now. Im certainly not. I think you can only take it each cycle at a time and if we dont succeed Im sure a day will come when it dawns on us that we have had enough.

But all crossed none of us will ever have to consider that and fingers crossed for a bunch of miracles soon....

Alex Guest

Hi Loula,

My gyn has been happy for me to go right into the next cycle, because I'm on a HRT cycle (I don't ovulate regularly) I need to start taking progynova (think that's the right spelling) on day 4 of my cycle - so after a failed cycle, as soon as I get my period (day 1), I start taking progynova again on day 4. This means that I don't actually have much of a break from the progynova because I have to take it right up to the day that I get a negative result.

I hope all goes well for you. This is such a difficult time but reading what everyone else is going through helps.

R A

Me 30/ DH 36

L8dybug
    wishing you all the best for a BFP tomorrow.
    It can be such a hard road at times. But never give up.

All the best to you too Alex. Hoping that Thursday will bring you very good news!

L8DYBUG Guest

Unhappy SAD NEWS

Hey girls,
    I got AF on sunday i didnt make it for blood test, i was devestated. I have endo which results in really bad period every month and going thru ivf always feels like a double wammie when you get bad news.
    THe doc rang yesterday he wants to do another lap then put our last frozen embie in, i really feel like i need a break. but a good clean out might be a good thing!
    Good luck Alex for thursday ill say a prayer for you!
    Thanks to every one who had their fingers cross and for all the sticky vibes! maybe next time!

Hey L*DYBUG

Sorry about your sad news...

I'm thinking of you...just give yourself some time and space...and trust yourself...you'll know the best thing to do for you...

Hang in there...