Thread: PGD

treen Guest

Default PGD

has anyone had PGD (Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis) and if so what are the apporx. costs involved

Hi Treen,

Welcome to BB!! Hope your stay is short and sweet in this thread.

I have not had PDG, but a couple of the girls here have, so I am sure that they will reply to your post when they see it.

Best of luck. Are you on an IVF cycle at the moment??

Take care,

Yep I've done PGD at SIVF in Feb 2003 - but can't remember the costs off the top of my head (around $9k) but with medicare changes last March that could be different. SIVF will tell you over the phone.

I had embryo biospy (PGD) conducted on 2 embryos prior to insemention on my last IVF cycle. The cost was an extra $1,375 on top of the IVF cycle. And there was no medicare rebate on that amount, so I had to fork out the lot myself. That was done at the Freemasons in Melb (part of Melb IVF).

Hayseed

treen Guest

Default PGD

Thanks for the feedback hayseed adn sherwils. I have not as yet seen anyone for IVF. i am off to the genetics Dr Feb 24th. Thought i may as well start getting info as i know i will lining up for IVF. Frustrating for me as am perfectly fertile, but the chances are too hight to risk a la natural. sorry if this seems a bit selfish to those who have trouble with fertility!

treen Guest

How do you all keep up with all the lingo and abbreviations that are asoc. with IVF? ](*,)

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Treen, we have a list of abbreviations in the "Messages for Moderators and Forum Help" forum, however we don't have many IVF terms yet. Maybe you IVF girls can help me out with a list and post them here or email them to me and I can add them in? That would be great!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

HERE is the acronyms thread. I have just added all of the IVF terms that we have so far

Is SIVF still the only Australian IVF clinic doing PGD?

I don;t think so. I had mine done at the Freemasons which is Melb IVF (unless Melb and SIVF are one and the same)?? But I think Monash also does it too.

Hayseed