Thread: Picolax - how fast does it make you run?

Red face Picolax - ?

OK guys this is a little embarrassing, but my clinic instructed me to take this soluable drink called picolax (laxative) to prep for the EPU on Friday, tomorrow at 4pm. Since I'll be taking a bus home around 4.30, and it's an hour's ride, I'm wondering - how soon does it start to work, and will I be risking major embarrasment if I take it before getting on the bus??

Or is my imagination running away with me??

Last edited by deni; February 7th, 2008 at 07:56 AM.

Hi Deni,

Sorry, just saw your thread now! Hope all goes well today and that you get home "in time"!

xo

Hi Deni

I had to take the Picolax before having a Laparoscopy last year. It took about 2 hours to start to work, but I was anxious that it might have started earlier, so If I was you I wouldn't start taking it until you were on the bus and on the way. I hope this message gets to you. Good luck with your EPU

Thanks Racey - good plan !! I'm going to arrange to leave work a bit early today so I'll take it as I'm leaving. I'm feeling quite headachey/tired anyway so could do with finishing early!

I remembered seeing "picolax" discussed online at another forum some months ago, I came across it through Google, and man it was such a funny story that a guy wrote, but I'm sure wildly exaggerated, but knowing of that story made me nervous about what to expect! (if you do a google using the following text: picolax agent - you'll come across it - i can't remember what i was searching for in the past which lead me to that link!It's a funny read BUT I hope it's not my personal experience!!!!!)

hmmmm my suggestion....start taking it at 5.00pm when u get home. I took all that stuff for my lap as well - and ummmmm oh boy....stay near a loo.
    V strange they making u do it for EPU...I have never had to do this....anyway...stick close to home IUKWIM...

Thanks Lulu. I thought it was weird too, but the nurse says the FS prefers it, in case they accidently puncture the bowel...?!?!?!?!?! Like, how often does that happen ---!!! And, isn't it in a totally different direction ???? I should have asked to see their stats!

too funny - let's hope they miss..the bowel I mean...
    hmmm wish I remembered to tell you to get those kleenex wipes...
    best best best wishes for tomorrow...hope they find lots of eggies...

oooh too exciting - I just realised you are 4 days behind me...I had EPU Monday and transfer is Saturday....see you in TWW...goodluck sweets!!!

I had to do it for a lap, not EPU but hun, I'd wait till you got home....

That's some wicked stuff!

wow my bowel is stuck to mu left ovary but have never been told to do prep before EPU only lap

HAHA well I survived the picolax, although DH is a terrible teaser !! I reckon this morning I weighed less than I have in months

PS - Lulu - best wishes for your transfer tomorrow !!! - hopefully I'll be joining you in the TWW !

thanks lovely Deni...but tell me...how did you go today..?? yeah yeah I know u feeling skinny and all...but am more interested in eggies..??

Lulu - I still only had two follies (low response - my first IVF attempt and they took a guess at the puregon but I obviously need more!) - they managed to get 1 egg though, so when I woke up I was very relieved as I was expecting a zero result. Hopefully I'll get good news later today if it's on its' way to a nice embie (they would have done ICSI yesterday but I dont know what the egg quality was like).