Thread: Please tell me this is worth it??

Question Please tell me this is worth it??

Hi gals,
    Just wondering if other women have had side effects from gonal f? I am currently on my 6th injection;so its well and truly in my system . Today i left work early as i have been feeling sick all day like i want to throw up and really tired. Got home from work and fell asleep on the couch at 5pm till 7pm,now feeling like i'm ready for bed againAnd i now have excezma(sp). Havent had since my childhood,but i look all rashy and want to scratch my skin off.. I wonder if there is a drug the same as gonal f that won't give me these side effects and i wonder how long after my last injection will my side effects go away.
    How long after my last injection can i do a preg test?
    Sorry for all the q's girls, but i'm going out of my head. using sex to keep me sane.lol.DH dosent mind....
    Itch,itch,itch

Hasn't anyone had any nasty side effects.....? I feel like a freak of nature.. Not only can i not ovulate,i can't tolerate the drug to help me do so either!!

slyder Guest

I'm sure people will see your post soon pollyanna and respond. DW only had Puregon so I can't comment.

Hi pollyanna,

Unfortunately I can't help you with the side effects. I was on Gonal F for my first cycle in November, and I felt fine. The only thing was I felt was very bloated and sore from the effect on my ovaries, and some amount of mood swings, probably as much to do with the stress of it all.

Can you call your doctor / clinic or anyone involved in your treatment to talk to them about your side effects?

I hope you're ok,

Miss C

Yeah I can't comment either because I only had Puregon.

Hope the nasty side effects go away soon for you

i had puregon, which is virtually the same as gonal-f - just made by a different company - have had 6 cycles in 12 months, and the last one, i was exactly like you are now! i got to day 4 of injections and ended up getting sent home from work cos i felt so sick. they rearranged leave so i could be off for the rest of the cycle! on the upside, it only lasted til EPU - afterwards i was still sore from the EPU itself, but the nausea and everything settled right down. i had EPU after 9 days of injections then trigger... i also found it wasn't all day - it would come and go every few hours, i'd sleep for fifteen minutes, then come good for a while...

hope you feel better soon- good luck!

I had puregon too...which made me feel rotten, tired, bloated, but like BG only lasted until EPU. Hope you feel better soon...keep drinking LOTS of water...best of luck

Sorry no help either, had gonal f but no side effects. Have you contacted your Dr/nurses?? Good luck and i hope you feel better soon.