Thread: Is it possible to get a BFN right up until you are due AF???

Question Is it possible to get a BFN right up until you are due AF???

Well i caved in and tested on 9/10dpo and its a negative...I had the first IUI done on monday so if i O'd on monday, today would make it 10dpo...I had the second IUI on tuesday so if i O'd on tuesday it would make it 9dpo...still negative eitherway...

My doc said that if i didnt get my periods after two weeks and two days (wed next week) to do a test then..but i couldn't wait and heaps of other ladies get BFP on day 9 or 10 dpo...why not me? So why wait until until day 14 or 15???

Is it possible to get a BFN right up until you have missed your period???

It is definately possible, especially so early. I think only about 10% of women get a bfp before 14dpo. With my previous 2 pregnancies I got a bfp at 9dpo. I am also on 10dpo today and got a bfn this morning. So for me, I'd say that's a definate but everyone is different. I know there is one BB member who took weeks to get a bfp, even after blood tests had confirmed her prg.

Good luck, I hope things turn around for the better!

Hello, when I was PG with DD I got a BFN on 13 DPO and no BFP until 15 DPO. I was using sensitive tests which are used in medical settings too. The amount of HcG can vary in blood, and varies even further in the urine. I've often wondered if mine took longer because I'm tall and large and probably have at least an extra litre of blood (or so) than the average smallish woman...?
    you get your BFP soon!
    :-)

Thanks you guys, i feel alot more positive now than i did earlier, i guess i could go a week over due and still not get a BFP on a HPT...i could even get some spotting and still not know, so i guess i just wait until AF is due or overdue by a couple of days and test again...

So to ask another question, can you get a blood test at about 14dpo and get a positive result??

Kirsty77 Guest

I only got positives with both pregnancies st 10 DPO cause I was on clomid. My hormone level was higher because of it. I'm pretty sure b/t's can pick up if your pregnant only if your hormone level is high. Some people here on BB got a negative by way of b/t and hpt then found out a couple of months into their pregnancy that they were pregnant!!
    Last edited by Kirsty77; December 9th, 2006 at 09:50 AM.