Thread: Prog levels & OPKs

Default Prog levels & OPKs

I have a query. This cycle, day 21, I had an estradiol level of 1400, and a prog of 3.7 and the dr says I ovulated late in the cycle (have a day 28 BT tomorrow to confirm).

The day after the BT that gave that level, I had bad ovary pain, like I was ovulating. Can a level like that mean I was ABOUT to ovulate, or does it mean i definitely already had (albeit only just?)

Also, the cycle before my prog level was 4.3 and they said I didnt, why!? If 3.7 means I did? Is it to do with estradiol levels? (Unsure of last cycles E level)

I had a faint second line on the OPK the day after the ovary pain. Can you get that after ovulating?

You'd think I should know all this! Taa!

Ok, I really dont know much about estradiol levels, but I am pretty close to 100% sure that you wont get a +ve OPK after you O, but instead only before....

Hopefully someone else will be able to be more informative for you...
    8-[

Keen

Yeah,. but it wasnt a positive OPK, to be positive the line has to be darker than the control right? but this was a faint one 8-[

Im not sure. I have mostly gotten the fainter lines too... Apparently you can ovulate more than once in a cycle.... and Im thinking that if you O'd more than once in a cycle then wouldnt your chances of falling pg be increased!?

I once had a bt and was told that I was about to ovulate and AF arrived just 2 days later! ????

Keen

Keen - BT detect O by looking for the LH surge and AF is brought on by a drop in your progesterone.

Hi there,

I've ovulated late in the cycle before (in September, I ovulated twice and I distinctly remember it because it was the month of MegaBoobies).

I'm always wary of TTC if ovulation occurs too late in the cycle. I guess it depends what sort of cycle is normal for you. On a longer cycle, an ovulation around day 21 might not be a problem but you don't want to have a short luteal phase which might create problems with any pregnancy which does occur (through lack of a decent uterine lining in which to implant).

Hi Kelly

I've been posting in the "Trying to Conceive & Taking Clomid - General Discussion' thread about projesterone... :-)

I dont think my eostrodial levels have been checked, but last month (pre-clomid) my CD21 projesterone test was 12 & I was told it should be >20. This month, my level was 80, which they said is a very high reading & shows that I ovulated. But I would really like to know the normal readings throughout a cycle (& if a clomid cycle is any different), not sure what eostrodial levels are mant to be either.

beck.o Guest

yeah, what shell said!
    my prog was 90something last mont which is super high too. i dont understand eostrodial either. what is normal?

beck

Shell and Beck - there is a really good explanation of femalre hormones at fertilityplus!

Thanks Sheree

It said proj should be >15, my gyn said should be >20, someone elses gyn said >30, wish they could all agree on a figure... :-)

Some good info on this fertilityplus website though. Noticed in the "Home Pregnancy Tests HCG Levels & FAQ" that the best HPT's to get are those that detect 15-25mlU & that "Crystal Clear" (25mlU) is mentioned, but no mention of "Fortel Ultra Early" though, & I don't recall the packaging saying what it detects. I'll be buying "Crystal Clear" from now on I think.