Thread: PUREGON - no side effects????

Question PUREGON - no side effects????

hello all

im probably being paranoid, but.......
    i have been taking puregon 100IU for 4 days now and feel absolutely no different. my tummy is flat, no apparent side effects and no 'swollen ovaries' feeling. i know i shouldnt complain but it feels like maybe its not working. this is my first cycle EVER and i really have nobody but BB to ask. i mean the nurses are lovely but they run more on stats than emotions IYKWIM ?
    am i just too premature in expecting some sort of reaction, is it still early days? or has anyone else had no side effects but still a decent folly count?

SO MANY QUESTIONS RUNNING THROUGH MY BRAIN!!!!! aaargh.

my blood test is wednesday and i am sooo hoping everything is going to plan.

Sonya,
    Dont fret ...I had no side effects and had 60 + follicles...stim cycles differ 4 Stim cycles all different and all produced healthy embies
    Good luck...I'm sure after you see an ultrasound it will all be alot less stressful
    Bec

Hi Sonya,

I used Puregon for attempted IUI and had no side effects but produced 10 follicles... I wouldn't worry if I were you. Good luck with your ultrasound.

thanks girls. just to hear that others have had good results is so relieving. Wow bec.g ! over 60 follicles. oh well i will just remain optimistic and happy that im managing fine. DH is relieved that there have been no major mood swings that he was warned about!!again thankyou!!

Hi Sonya,
    I have had no side effects with moods, boobs, or anything else for that matter with puregon 300IU daily except the swollen, very sore ovaries and I still have only had 14 measured at scan yesterday. I think it must vary a lot with each person because, the way I'm feeling with this many and the way Bec felt with 60 is pretty different!!! I was quite nervous too until I had my scan and I hope that will put your mind at rest too. Good luck!!! I cant wait to hear how you go.
    Sazz

Hi Sonya,

Just want to reassure you that no side effect doesn't mean its not working...I had puregon on 150iu and had absolutely no side effect at all...but my FS said I responded really well with the drugs and I ended up having 15 eggs retrived and 10 fertilized ...I did remember at the time I had same question in my head though but all turned out fine...

So don't worry and just be happy you are one of those lucky ones!

Hi
    I started purgeon shots on friday at 150 each injection. Im bloated all ready and have constant mild period pain. Is this normal does it mean its working ??????

HI Sonya
    I had 13 days on 100 and didn't feel uncomfortable till right at the end...ended up with 13 eggs and 10 fertilized...so you jus don't know? Hang in there...u/s will give you a better idea of where things are heading...best wishes!

Red face Dosage upped

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to BB, but it's great being able to "chat" with everyone and have the fears allayed...!

I'm on my first IVF cycle and started 150 Puregon 5 days ago. After 3 days there wasn't any activity so they've upped my dosage to 300. I didn't feel anything before but now am seriously bloated and getting mild period pain and think I can feel the ovaries...very weird feeling...does this mean it's working? After hearing that there wasn't any response after the first 3 days I really freaked out and got paranoid - am having bloods done tomorrow and am hoping against hope that the follies have started growing! Has anyone else been in this situation?

Does anyone else have bad bruising/redness around the inject sites?? I look like I've been mauled by a toothpick!

Hey Dawdi,

I had the same experience as you! I got 11 folicles, 7fertilised, 3 to blastocyst stage (1 MC, and two in the freezer for round 2 of implanting).

I too was on too low a dose (125) and was pretty upset when they said that 3 folicles weren't enough. On day 8 they decided to up the puregon to 200 (or 250... can't remember now) and cross their fingers that more would develop. The OB/GYN said on day 14 that I had "fantastic folicles... if you were on day 10". And they I'd have to wait for a call from the clinic to see if they would go ahead with the 'harvest' (as I call it). So glad they did. Even though it's not my fault - I was still feeling like a failure.

We weren't going to tell any one what we were doing, but a good friend of mine is my waxer... she had to be told because otherwise she was thinking I was being bashed by DH!! I hd bruises all over my tummy, and the butcher at Western Diagnostic left me with massive bruises from the blood tests!

Best of luck with your journey!

Hi Entreat!

THanks so much for the reply, made me feel heaps better.

Had my bloods and US done on Tues and have started responding to the puregon,although VERY slowly - only had one small follicle (after 6 days, three of those days at 300). They've told me to stay on that dosage until Saturday when I go in again for bloods and they'll reassess the situation then. They might up the dose but they might also pull me off this cycle which I'm dreading. I would be devastated.

The fact that you had a similar experience and got follies out of it is spurring me on. I guess I should be happy that I am responding rather than having nothing at all. Bright side of life and all that...!

Thanks for the ray of sunshine!
    xxx