Thread: Serophene info please

Question Serophene info please

Hello
    hoping for help am starting Serophene drug, has anyone been on it?
    What is it supposed to do? Regulate O??
    Has anyone had success on this?
    How did it make you feel??
    TIA

Blaz it is also known as Clomid, It did help my cycles to be a standard 28 day and gave me an O on day 14. Unfortunatley it wasnt the answer for us after 12 months we went on to IVF
    Bec

Hi Blaze,

I was on Clomid for 4 months with no success but it did like Bec, give me a standard 28 day cycle which helped to pinpoint ovulation. My ovulation pains were alot more severe - which made sure that I didn't miss it I guess. I had hot flushes around the 3rd day of taking it and it lasted on and off for about 3 days - that was probably the worst part of it but it will affect everybody differently - you may have no side effects.

Good luck with it.

Oh cool thanks guys that makes sense now I was thinking I have never heard of this drug but now of course knowing it is clomid I have!!

Blayz, i loved this drug! I had no side effects, definitely ovulated each month, and had a 28 day cycle.

On our 5th and last attempt, our beautiful baby was conceived! I wish you all the very best

zoe Guest

Blayz I have this too at the moment - when you opt for a "cheaper" brand I think that's what they give you!

I almost gave my DD2 the name "Serophene" as I was so happy that it worked!! I had itchy skin rashes on my thighs, no other side effects. Best of luck!

Hi Blayz,
    As the other lovely women have said Serophene and Clomid are the same drug. Serophene and Clomid are brand names for the drug clomiphene.

Clomid is taken to artificially stimulate the hormones that trigger ovulation. Some women take it because they don't ovulate normally other's like me take it because they have a luteal phase issue.

I likesomeof the other women have quite strong ovulatory pains on clomid and some hot flushes and a bit crotchity. Other women have no symptoms. It will depend on the individual woman. I certainly have had good success with it. When do you begin your Clomid?

I wish you a really soon.

blayz as already mentioned its another brand name for Clomid. I took it in 2005 and conceived my ds on my first round (50mgs) I am now on 100mgs of Clomid - first round and fingers crossed it will work as easy as it did the first time
    The drug is designed to trick the brain and release eggs (Ovulation) and therefore you need to be monitored as there can be some nasty side effects one of them being multiple births. They say it only increases your chances of multiples by 10% but i have read on other forums of women having tripletts on the lowest dose of 50. imagine that!
    Good luck with it all, throwing baby dust your way
    hugs

Me - 32 PCOS Metformin 1500mgs Clomid 100mgs (round 1)
    Hubby - 36
    DS 6, DS 4, DD 2, DS 18 months - Oct 05, Nov 06
    Last edited by mummy_2_4; March 5th, 2007 at 12:33 PM.

Thank you for all your help
    I am seeing the Dr on Wed and getting my script for it then.
    It makes me HEAPS more positive that it has been successful for some of you.
    We will see how I go in time I guess.

I just want to add. All of the literature and research I have done suggests that clomiphene increases the twin birth rate by 10%. I can't remember the exact figures but triplet births on clomiphene were quite a rareity though occuring more frequently than in the unmedicated population.