Thread: Side effects of ivf medication

Default Side effects of ivf medication

Im starting my first ivf cycle in 4 days and want to know about the side effects of the drugs I have to take so I know what im in for ????????

firstly, what are you taking?

i have been taking synarel nasal spray for 6 days now. once squirt each nostril morning and night. for the first few days i felt headachy and slightly dizzy. this has seemed to ease right off and now i am quite fine. i start my puregon injections hopefully this coming friday so i will let you know how i fare from that if it is the same as your programme.

so far it hasnt been too bad and i just focus on the big picture and what we are aiming for

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

Hi there,
    Firstly, Yay on starting IVF and goodluck with your cycle!
    I think the side effects and severity of them vary from person to person. With the syneral I get headaches, sinus pain and stuffy nose...worse in the beginning, but has seemed to get better as I have gone along.
    I'm taking gonal F and find that I feel a little bloated and some occasional tenderness of the ovaries. Generally I find that I am quite tired, a bit snappier/more emotional than usual.
    Again, goodluck!

Im not sure the drugs ill be taking I have all that explained to me on Wednesday. Thanks for your input

Hi and congrats on starting the IVF journey.
    I am similar to Carrie I think. I get headaches from synarel and a little ovary pain. Nothing too bad with it. I then take puregon instead of gonal and find that I become quite uncomfortable around the ovaries, bloated, emotional, irritable, tired. Pretty normal for me anyhow LOL. I think you will find you notice a difference but you should still be able to carry on as normal in most respects. Good luck!

Hi there...The only thing that bothered me what the headach from the synarel nasal spray but that was it. I think I was one of the lucky ones.

Good luck with it all!!!

Well the irritabilty wont be anything ubusual for me either Im so glad I found this sight Its so nice to talk to people who are going through the exact same thing. My friends try to understand but when they are all currently expecting babies of their own I don't like to whinge them. I currently have 5 really close friends who have just told me they are expecting. I m happy for them but man do I want to hit something. None of them had trouble and they just keep saying It'l happen just be patient. So I smile and just don't bring up what we are going through. So this is the best sight for me.

Thanks for the info girls

:hugs: oh it must be such a stressing time for you. i really hope you get a BFP first time round... this is my first cycle too so hopefully we both get the results we are so badly wanting. best wishes for your journey!!

Thanks . I reaaly hope it works for you aswell. Had nurses interview today and she was wonderful. I feel positive now and she helped me understand that it prob wont work the first time but at least now they can start to understand why we havent fallen yet and evetually they'll get the right mix for us. The nurse likened falling pregnant to "some people can just go to the shops and buy a cake off the shelf and others need to go to the bakery and have a cake cooked for them that is just right.... " So good luck and hope to here some wonderful news from you soon