Thread: Sperm Extraction

Default Sperm Extraction

Hello

Has anyone conceived via sperm being extracted by needle from their husband? I think this is the way we have to approach and I have no idea what to expect.

This procedure is called a testicular biopsy. They insert a fine needle into the testicle and extract approximately 50 sperm.

This is done for men who have trouble ejaculating.

HTH

In our case its not becasue my husband cant ejaculate - he has azoospermia due to a collapsed epididymis..

I don't have personal experience with this, but a previous colleague (male) I worked with had this done, resulting in a beautiful baby. Apparently it's quite uncomfy for the bloke, but probably comparable to some of the IVF/investigative procedures us ladies have gone through in our TTC journeys.

Hi Zoi
    Just spotted your name on the forum, haven't spoken for ages. Guess what were pregnant!!! It took a little longer than we expected, six goes, but it worked! Go for it... what have you got to lose.

CONGRATULATIONS woooohoooo! You must email me and let me know everything. Im so happy for you. I was thinking of you the other day to be quite honest. Finally, wow...