Thread: Spotting during luteal phase of cycle....

Default Spotting during luteal phase of cycle....

Hi girls (posted this in conception general discussion too - but thought i'd post here also!)

After some advice and help! i'm on day 25 of my cycle and started spotting very slightly this morning.....this has happened during my last 2 cycles too, on the exact same day - what normally happens is i'll spot for a few days, then nothing for a few more days then my period will start properly. Having researched this on the net (not always a good thing!!), it looks like it could be associated with having low levels of progesterone, therefore limiting our changes of conceiving.....just wondered if anyone knew anymore about it??

Here is a link to my chart on Fertility Friend if anyone wants to have a look:

http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/c1e35

Also - I had some blood tests done recently - general check-up and "pre-conception assessment" (as suggested by my naturopath), and my progesterone level at CD 17 was 33.47 - so not sure if this is good or bad??? (according to FF, I ovulated the day before I had the blood tests)....

thanks for any advice/info anyone may have

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Kat
    I thought they normally do CD21 progesterone test based on 7 days after ovulation in 28day cycle - over 30 @ cD 21 is okay but after if you are 1 day after O that is good - your levels seem okay

re the spotting except you were not pregnant in previous cycles obviously - maybe it can be implantation bleeding

I can answer if it is related to low progesterone

Temp drop if you are charting is a sign progesterone is dropping - yours is still up so it seems a good sign
    hope it helps

I have low levels of prog - but have not had that experience before. So sorry cant really answer whether the two are associated...

Hi
    Not sure about the low progesterone levels.
    I have pre-menstrual spotting every month and have had for around 20 years. Anything from 2 - 7 days before it's due. According to my gyno it's a symptom of my endo.
    But, spotting can also be caused by implantation.....I think from around 10 days post ovulation.
    Sue

Hi I also suffer from low progesterone and that also happens to me during my cycle, my clinic always gets me to use more pessaries until the HCG even though most of the time I know myself that its a BFN, I hope that is not the case with you and agree with the other girls maybe it is implantation bleeding, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by shazey
    Hi I also suffer from low progesterone and that also happens to me during my cycle, my clinic always gets me to use more pessaries until the HCG even though most of the time I know myself that its a BFN, I hope that is not the case with you and agree with the other girls maybe it is implantation bleeding, good luck
    Thanks Shazey, what do you mean by using the pessaries??

Kat, a lot of us are given progesterone pessaries to use if our levels are low. The amount varies depending on your levels.

On the spotting, I have just started spotting myself, or actually Tuesday evening. I spoke to my clinic & the nurse said that on my CD21 BT my P4 level was really low so that probably started the bleed.
    My pessaries were upped from 1, 3 a day to 2, 3 times a day.
    We'll see what happens. Oh yeah, I'm 11DPO

Hi Kat exactly what Tam said Im just wondering if there is something out there that can naturally keep your progesterone levels up as that has been my downfall each time, even with really good embryos (except for the last FET) has anyone got any suggestions.

Shazzey, do you have BT done to check your levels?

hi Tam yeah I have blood tests to check my level, last time they told me I dont have to use the pessaries but 2 days later it was so low they told me to use 3 a day

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shazey
    Hi Kat exactly what Tam said Im just wondering if there is something out there that can naturally keep your progesterone levels up as that has been my downfall each time, even with really good embryos (except for the last FET) has anyone got any suggestions.
    Try Vitex.