Thread: Stopping the crinone pessaries

Default Stopping the crinone pessaries

I am taking my last 2 crinone tomorrow 1 in the morning and 1 in the night and i am a little worried of what might happen when all of a sudden the extra progesterone is stopped has anyone had any problems when they stopped the pessaries i got my BFP pretty early 6 days past TF or 9dpo and the line got darker every day until it was as dark as it can get so i stopped poas i am just a little worried about the sudden hormone change and what effect it could have.

I assume if this is what your clinic has told you to do, then it should be fine. Completely understand your anxiety though!
    Your little embie and developing placenta will be starting to make hormones also, which will support your ovaries till the placenta takes over from the second trimester.

Thanks Marcellus!

After my fresh transfer I was on one pessary per day. I had 15 all up - so stopped the day after my blood test. I was scared and nervous and petrified I would start bleeding - especially as you hear of some women being on pessaries after IVF right through to 12 weeks and beyond, but all was ok. I'm now thoroughly convinced that those clinics that continue pessaries/crinone for a long period of time do it more for peace of mind (and the cynical side of me says making more money by selling them!) than because it is actually needed.

BW

I think it depends on the kind of cycle too BW (but you're probably partly right). With HRT FET you need it because your ovaries aren't doing anything.
    Oh, such a cynic. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the massive piles of money they make from selling extra drugs....

Yeah, I guess I wasn't clear in my post - I know after HRT FETs that they are needed longer-term. But when you hear of people on a fresh transfer or natural FET using pessaries until 16 weeks or something silly, it's easy to be cynical. It's also easy to completely freak out when your clinic stops them at only 4 weeks!

BW