Thread: Synarel

Default Synarel

I was reading the leaflet that accompanies the Synarel and am worried about the whole not becoming pregnant while on synarel paragraph. What if, by some miracle we are pregnant since my last cycle but i am now taking synarel? Does the blood test they do on day 1 pick up pregnancy?

I dont think they test LH on day 1? I am supprised they didnt advise you that you probably shouldnt TTC whilst on an IVF Cycle? They shouldnt have left it up to you to find out! Maybe it isnt that much of a concern for them. Perhaps if you are worried, just give them a call. But i really wouldnt worry yourself too much, you are probably under enough stress ATM. The chances that you have fallen preg would be really slim hey. Believe me, I worried about all sorts of things too when undergoing an IVF cycle.
    And i know this is a little different, but if it makes you feel any better, my friend fell preg on the pill, and continued it for months before she realised she was even preg!! And i assure you, this didnt harm her child at all.
    Good luck with it all. I hope you conceive your little miracle very soon

Thanks very much for the reassurance. I guess they figured i would already know not to TTC whilst doing IVF? I was just thinking and hoping...coz last time we did it i had the fertile type of CM... not that, that means anything of course.

Mez, we were never told to not try prior to an IVF cycle - just while in the middle of one, of course! They dont test for pg on day 1, but they wont start you on it unless you have a full heavy day AF to be sure it is AF.

So when are you expecting Day 1 to be? Good luck!

IKWYM Mez, I too held out hope every month of conceiving naturally. I do know exactly how you are feeling. 3 years TTC is a long time. We tried 7 yrs naturally and it didnt work? They couldnt find anything wrong with either of us, but our first attempt of IVF worked. So I hold alot of faith in it and I will keep my fingers crossed for you

Keen- Day 1 of my period was 21st of june..since i am usually late i am not going to rush out and buy a HPT or anything. (ok i will try not to!) I rang the clinic this morning to ask if i can take neurofen while on synarel and thankfully she said yes. Now i hope that AF arrives before my next blood test on the 27th. From my understanding this is when i will start the injections, if all is in order. Thank u both for the good wishes. EllyBoo- its always great to hear success stories, thank you.