Thread: Syranel

Raideress Guest

Default Syranel

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has had experience with Syranel not stopping ovualtion,
    That happened to me and i had to trigger and start again.
    My cousin had the same thing, and both of our next cycles produced bad quality eggs.

Im wondering if syranel and Lucrin's only function is to stop you ovulating?
    Do either drugs have any other function?

Hi Raideress, Sorry I don't know anything about your question, I just thought I'd post to bump this up and maybe on of the other ladies will be able to help you!
    :-)

Raideress Guest

Hey thanks Marydean,
    Guess its not something anyone is real sure of.
    I just asked as my cousin said she thinks her 2nd cycle was heaps better as she was using the amount of Lucrin it said on the box instead of what she was supposed to be taking and she thinks it stopped some eggs dying off and said thats another function it keeps eggs from dying off so you have more eggs.
    I thought Puregon only did that?
    And Lucrin and Syranel simply stopped your body ovulating maybe i can find the answers on google.
    But my cousin went from 12 low quality eggs on 1st cycle with 1 usuable one to 15 frozen blastocyst stage embies and one that produced a bub too.
    thats alot of eggs that made it to Blastocyst stage, stuff dreams are made of to me

Raideress you might get more answers if you post this in one of the Assisted conception forums?

Good luck with your TTC journey!
    :-)

Raideress ... my understanding of Synarel is that is essentially stops your body's hormonal regulation of your cycle ... so it shuts everything down to create a 'blank slate' for the IVF drugs, such as Puregon, to work on.

From memory, the other function of Synarel is for the treatment of endometriosis .. but I haven't got any personal experience of this myself.

When I took the synarel, it did stop my ovulation like it was supposed to, but everyone responds different to drugs, so I guess there's always going to people that it's not effective for.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

moving to LTTTC.