Thread: TMI Alert - WHEN TO EJACULATE

Default TMI Alert - WHEN TO EJACULATE

Hi campers I have egg pick up on monday and hubby has to give his sample but we havent had sex for a week because of my growing follies and he assures me that he hasnt got a shot off without me heheh. But I just wondering if he releived himself tonight would that allow him to have enogh swimmers for monday?? Im just scared if he doesnt they will be tired and unable to fertilize my eggs?? any help here would be appreciated

i would say tonight would be a good idea - the sooner the better! i was always advised to make sure DH went 48 hours but no more than five days - we never met the 48 hours - usually when we found out that there was going to be trigger happening, we'd have some "fun time" (or i'd send DH to do his own thing) - it was generally a day and a half or a bit over.

we never had a problem with low count or poor quality (in fact the nurse complimented him on his sample more than once!)

Oh good Id better get to work then and help the process along Thanks heaps for that honey I feel better now.

enjoy!!!

We were told to do it around the same time as trigger.

Have fun

you have to empty him out- for a better word 48 hours before collection and abstain so that he is rearing to go for collection. That way his spermies are at their most and freshest
    HTH
    odette

Thanks everyone Mission Accomplished. I even made him read your reponses so he knew I wasnt just making it up. He has been so tired lately with all our early morning trips to Kograh from the blue mountains. It has been the last thing on his mind. I know Thats weird for a man hey!! at least he isnt bugging me when I feel really tender and uncomfortable.. Thanks again

I've always wondered that, but our clinic has never instructed us to do that ! I wish they'd put it on paper so that DH doesn't think I'm just getting paranoid/making it up! Tho it shouldn't exactly be a chore for him anyway

As it turned out for us, we didn't need a heap anyway coz they only got 1 egg from my low IVF response so they ultimately only needed 1 swimmer and they had heaps to choose from! But next time if we dont need to do ICSI with a better folli response I'll definately be making sure we sort those boys out a few days beforehand!