Thread: Is it too early to test

Default Is it too early to test

Hey Im in the 6 days into the tww. Had pregnyl injection on saturday and by my calculations from what ive learnt implantation would've occurred around monday. When can I to a hpt and when is pregnyl out of your system??? Man this sucks I just want to know since AF wouldve been due yesterday!!!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi collo,

okay it is usual, if you've had a pregnyl injection, to assume that you can't do a hpt. But I believe that pregnyl leaves your system at a rate of 1000iu per day, so if you had a jab on Saturday, and it was more than 4000ou, I wouldn't advise that you do a hpt. But if it was less than that, you probably are good to POAS.

All I can say as precautionary advice is if you do end up doing a HPT, and if you get a faint +ve, don't get too excited yet!

Good luck, hunny!

Thanks Sushee
    I dont think I will I dont want to jinx myself. Ill just do my time and hop AF stays away for once

When's your BT? Hopefully it's not too far away!

Im not sure the nurse just said ring on 9th of may if AF doesnt show up and then they'll schedule me for BT

Oh wow, that's a bloody long time to wait! Thank god my clinic does a BT on cd28 on the dot, or I'd go batty!

Well, okay then:

Yeah nurse on saturday was pretty disinterested in her job which P'd me off because this is such a big thing in most peoples life. So when would you do hpt if at all sushee

I take it you're cd28+ if AF was due yesterday? If you dose of pregnyl was 5000iu or less, I'd say, if I were you, I wouldn't get past Fri morning without doing a HPT. Now mind you, I'm the queen of HPTs! Lol!

my hubby thiniks Ive kept at least a whole division of Fortel Pregnancy employees in a job lol. Just got some really horrible news my best friend was 12 wks pregnant and went for her scan today because her doc was worried because she had suddenly stopped feeling sick and they found out she was carrying twins but both had no heart beat. Her mum just called crying because she also tried for a snuggle bunny for along time too. Life just doesnt seem fair sometimes. I just dont know what to say I think Ill send her some flowers but let her and hubby grieve on their own. I just wish I could give her a huge hug.

Oh that's so sad! My thoughts are with your poor friend.

Thanks Sushee

Hi Collo, so sorry to hear the news of your friend that is very sad.

Im wishing you all the best for your test and mine is on the 9th too, i cant believe they said if you dont have bleeding then come in for a test shouldnt you have one anyway?

Hey sush, how are you, im still testing lol i think ive jinx myself this time, oh well can i ask a Q? i was doing one pessary day and night then started doing two at night only, my bb felt a little sore but are now nornal again when do you think a HPT will be true, from what date i would be 11 DPO but am 6 DPTF today, what do you think oh HPT queen.lol
    Last edited by Loula; May 2nd, 2007 at 08:56 PM. Reason: wrong date for BT

Lou,

I tested on Charlie's cycle at 11dpo (6dpt) and got a -ve, so I would definitely say with a blast transfer, the later you test the better! I got my first +ve the day after my 13dpo BT, so basically the day my AF was due, and it was faint even then!

Remember blast transfers historically present with lower HCG levels than day 2 transfer (or even natural conceived pgs) so I would say don't test until Sunday at the earliest, and even then it may be too early!

Thank you so much sushee, that is very reasuring

xx

Hey suhee Itested today last night and the night before and I got a very faint positive each time. Tomorrow its been a week since transfer do you think this is a good sign????

I think it's a very good sign. Do a test tomorrow with FMU. I will be thinking of you my love.

Thanks Flower Child I dont want to get too excited when all goes belly up Ill be devasted. So I guess ill know after I stop taking crinone and AF stays away

Im a bit dump what does FMU mean???

First morning urine. Because this urine is more concentrated you are likely to get a more accurate result. I have all crossed for you...