Thread: Trigger Shot

Default Trigger Shot

Hi ladies. This is my first month doing IUI and we did the FSH injections and then the Dr gave me a trigger shot (Pregnyl I believe) to induce the ovulation. I am not even thinking about testing just yet but was just wondering after having this trigger shot can it show up on a HPT as a false +. One other month I got a really faint + and I wasn't PG but I also had the trigger shot that month. Does anyone know how long it stays in your system.
    Thanks in advance.

Short answer.. yes it can!

Pregnyl is basicallly synthetic HCG, the pregnancy hormone therefore HPTs will show a false positive as long as it is still in your system. Best to wait for a blood test.

I am on my first FSH cycle to induce Ovulation after CLomid didnt work for me (I have PCOS) and have just had my Pregnyl trigger on Tuesday morning.

Are you feeling affects from the trigger & any follow up support shots you may be having? because it is a pregnancy hormone you can feel pregnancy symptopms. I certainly am. SInce having the shot the next day i have felt naucious, had headaches, sore nipples and have a swolen abdomen (ovary area).

Hi Bucca,

I have PCOS as well and Clomid worked as far as making me O but we never achieved a PG from it. I had my trigger shot last Wed and ever since the day after I have had really sore nipples. That is the only thing that I have experienced but they are still sore. I haven't had any follow up shots though.

Thanks for your help and good luck with your TWW for a BFP for both of us.

I use to have a trigger of profassi ( I know it is a HCG injection as well)
    I did get a true BFP 12 DPO.
    Good luck in your 2ww..hope all the symptoms are real!!
    Bec

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I was told 7 days after your last pregnyl injection it should be out of your system - goodluck

Hi ladies thanks for your answers. Hopefully it will be my last ever trigger shot and I will get my BFP this month .

Good luck ktgirl!

After I had my trigger shot, my OB made me have two blood tests to show that my HCG levels were rising (therefore pregnant) rather than falling, which is what they would have done if it was the residual HCG from the trigger shot.