Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ April 2007

Hi everybody,
    Well I ended up taking another OPK test yesterday as I'm so confused and it was more darker positive than on Monday so now what???
    I have not been able to sleep all week(go to bed at 10 back up at 3:30-3:45)
    I can feel flutters in my belly,Heartburn(OMG worse I've ever had)
    It seems I can feel my ovaries moving,slight headaches,hot-flashes(due to clomid I'm sure),My belly seems to be very tender to the touch...plz does anyone know what all this means? I wanted to take a preg.test but with my temps staying between 97.3-97.8 my lowest on CD26-96.6 I am afraid it's just a waste.
    This morning I have heartburn(bad)and I feel like I could get sick.
    If anyone knows anything that may help me plz let me know.
    Thanks alot and I'll be back today after work.
    Hope everyone is having a great day and babydust to you all!
    HUGS~

Hi Everyone,

ATT - thanks heaps for that info...it makes a lot more sense to me now

Penny - the tenderness could be ovulation? I am not sure how many days a OPK is positive for when you O?? I have never used one?
    I do know that it takes a couple of days after ovulation for your temp to go up though. And also apparently you can get ovulation dips in your temp too.

As for me....this morning I had some EWCM so woke up DH and said "GUESS WHAT!! Lets get busy!". So who knows what it really means but hopefully if it means something we have it covered - IYKWIM.

Hope everyone is well.
    SAM

Sammy - here's hoping the EWCM was a sign that the clomid has worked this cycle hun! good luck!

Thanks BG

i've been where you're at a little while back, and i have fingers crossed for you that your body actually responds! the needles and stuff aren't too bad, but would be hoping for your sake that you don't have to go down that path hun!

AUZZGAL Guest

Hey girls,
    I have some great news this post I OVULATED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY
    i have been on 50mg of clomid this cycle my progesterone was 19.1 usually 1.9 so a big difference!!! finally some good news for this family.......................
    Belinda: Oh im so sorry i went through that for a while well years actually he told me to lose 19 kg's but when i went back i had lost 9kg's but he was really happy with that and asked if i would like to start clomid so i was really happy then. Can you see another? that seems so unfair i really feel for you and i know how your feeling it's awful i really hope you find an easier way! lets us know how you go! That just proves they have NO IDEA how we feel i really dont think anyone can truly understand unless they have been through it though! Hope it all works out!!!

Hope everyone elae is doing fine!!!
    All the best
    Kristie

Kristie - that's great news - here's hoping you've managed to catch that eggie hun!!

Hi everyone,

BW - Unfortunately I think the file you sent to me has become lost in hyperspace - could you send again please?

Sammy and Kristie - fingers crossed for you both

Hope everyone is going well...

Hey Everyone,

Kristie....that is AWESOME!!!

Thanks Gargy

As for me...I got SUPER news yesterday....one of my best friends also has PCOS and it had taken her 2 years to fall pregnant with her DD, who is about to turn 4! And she called me yesterday to tell me that she is pregnant I am so over the moon. She started trying for #2 when DD was 1 and has only really had one break from actively TTC in the past 3 years, which was about 8 months ago for 6 months. And this cycle she did FSH injections and IUI and got the BFP!! It was her first time trying the injections too. I am so excited, so just thought I would share her good news with you guys too.

Hope everyone is well.

SAM

Hi everyone,

BW - Thanks again - I've been playing around with the calorie counter - pretty cool!!

Sammy - congrats to your friend - that's excellent news.

Have a good night!!

Sammy - that's great news about your friend - good luck for a H&H pregnancy for her!

to everyone else - hope you're having a great weekend!

AUZZGAL Guest

Thanks girls!
    The fs said that he thinks im ovulating late so i have no idea when i ovulated as i was with mum and going through my step fathers death etc but i think it was like the 19th or 20th day of my cycle we bd and also earlier on so say i ovulated on the 17th day or something could i still fall preggers then?
    Sorry just seeing if there is any hope for this cycle? prob not be just wanna be sure!
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
    Take Care
    Kristie

Hey Kristie,
    I know that sperm can live for about 3 days in the cervix...and the egg lasts about 24 hours...so if you BD in the couple of days leading up to O, the day of O and the day after O you have a chance of catching the egg...HTH??

How is everyone else going?

As for me....still nothing....I have had some signs of O but not others, like i had the EWCM but no rise in temp and still no AF...who knows?? A week and a half more and if still no AF I will call the Dr and more than likely start Provera again.

SAM

Hi ladies,

Auzzgal - Great news on ovulating, I have my for you.

Sammy - Hope the EWCM was a good sign and that if you did ovulate that you caught the egg with your early morning BDing.

BW - Thanks for the file, been busy at work and have only had a quick glance at it, will study it in further detail when time permits.

As for me - Just had my appointment with my gyno and he has recommended that we register for IVF and go and have all the prelim tests done (although I have already had a bulk of these). He has said to finish this cycle of clomid (CD 8 now - so only one tab to go anyway) and then if no BFP this month I guess I will be starting down the IVF path. I'm a little nervous about this and am now even harder that this is the cycle.

Hope everybody else is well, thinking of those in the 2ww

ATT - I will have everything crossed for you this cycle Good Luck!! and lots of baby dust your way!

AUZZGAL Guest

ATT: Good luck with the IVF tests hope you can start and get you BFP real soon!!

Sammy88: Thanks for the info! Not much luck for me this month i dont think than..
    I hope you 0ed (fingers crossed)

Happy Easter everyone!! Well im off to stay with mum for the easter period will be back Monday with my little 6 year old brother im having cramping atm so i suspect AF is going to rear her ugly head !~!! Heres to next month !!
    All the best
    Kristie

ATT, I know that this response is a bit long coming, but my FS will only do clomid for 4 cycles at the max before other treatments are considered.

Penny, I would suggest that if you are getting results on an OPK, then you can be confident that the pains you are feeling are O pains. You won't get any result (well..a negative one) on an OPK unless you have LH in your system. When is your normal cycle length? I would consider asking your doctor to monitor your hormone levels to check if you are Oing (this cycle is gone now...but subsequent ones may be a help to you). And clomid can definately delay O, so everything happens much later, particluarly if you are taking it from cd5 - 9.

I feel for you girls being told to loose weight. I am not small myself (5'2" and 85kg), but have not (yet) been told be a doctor (reputatable at least ) to loose weight before they would treat me fertility wise. If it's not hard enough to deal with the huge time lags that these damn treatments impose as it is...to then have to factor in the time frame of loosing weight.............I think I would crack!

As for me, I got a +ve OPK, dtd at the right times and am currently in the TWW. Still on oestrogen tablets. I have to admit to having a "nothing" feeling about this cycle. I haven't written it off, but I equally don't hold out a whole heap of hope either. i guess it is that self defence mechanism starting to kick in. Quite sad really......

Best wishes to all who are BDing or TWWing. Hugs to those who are in limbo with things.

Hayseed,Hi first good-luck with your 2ww!
    I am however on CD42 today and I'm very frustrated to say the least!!!
    All hpt BFN! I e-mailed my doc my charts and he said that I did not O and that AF will come sooner or later! He is in KY. while I'm in Ohio. I just wish AF would come so I can start my 2nd round of clomid...he is changing the dose to 150mg this time once AF shows up! What days do you reccamend I take it on? I was wondering if taking it earlier in the cycle would help me out any.
    I feel bloated and so depressed that AF hasn't showed up yet and they say you can get moody well hell it's no wonder! He didn't say anything about taking any thing to make me start either. Is there any thing I can do? I relize I have 2 daughters but didn't relize getting pregnant again would be this hard! I feel like she could show up any minute but have felt this way for about a week and a half! AARRGGG!!! If you have any ideas I would love and try any! Thanks for letting me vent this is why I haven't been here for awhile it's just so damn depressing! Also I'm reg. every 23-26 days and then now I don't know what I am...my temps have been about the same and today it was 97.3. Oh what to do what to do????? Does anyone have any suggestions? I read where OPK's can not show up if you are on clomid. So maybe I was just wishful thinking! Must a been due to the fact that all HPT are neg. and my temps are all the same! CD42 and no surge no nothing! Somethings gota give soon I hope!
    Good-luck with you and I hope all turns out the way you want! Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!
    HUGS~

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast