Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ December 2006 #3

Default TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ December 2006 #3

This thread is for those members that are Trying To Conceive with the assistance of clomid and/or metformin.

If there is anything you would like to discuss about the thread or have any problems then please contact one of the moderators. All emails/PM's are treated confidentiality.

Your moderators of this forum are
    Sarah_H - [email protected] Admin
    Kirsty - [email protected]
    sushee - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected] Admin

Your old thread can be found here

Woo hoo first in the tread. How was the rest of your day girls.

Mine was ok once I got over the initial frustration that my ovaries we not cooperating. When I spoke to my Mum she said oh well we will get the champagne out for Christmas and then we will worry about it after then. And she has come to the conclusion that all of my babies are going to be boys since it is so difficult to conceive in the first place and they are being stubborn so she thinks that sounds like a male thing to do, can't get them off their butts and into gear lol. What do you girls think sound like any men in your lives?

Ktgirl, they certainly do sound like men! Although I'm sure my DH would say that my ovaries are being typically female in their stubbornness. I love the line in your sig, too. Something I'm going to have to focus on, I think.

So tired today... and feeling really fat and blobby - my three day carb-binge for the GTT has resulted in me gaining a kg... not happy!

BW

Ktgirl - You are soooo strong!! Good on you. I wish I had some more of that.. I'm so sorry that you're ovaries are not co-operating. I find you pretty inspirational, you just keep on keeping on. I can totally sympathise with you about going back and forth to these appts. I am travelling over an hour to reach a scan at 7.30am and then 1.5hours straight to work only to receive a call to say "oh best we give it another couple of days and we'll do another one"
    Good luck - hope these are your last round of injections and you and your dh get your wish soon. Champas sounds great! Keep us posted.

Flowerchild - fingers crossed for you, hope all goes well. Be sure to let us know as soon as you can. All the best for a good result

Mako - hope you are having a great time

As for me, no doubt my signature gives it away. Talk about all over the place! The morning after the BFN in my last post, I got a faint line on hpt @ DPO11. Dashed off to the Dr for bloodtest only to receive BFN. It really sucked.
    AF returned Sunday (1st 28 days cycle in my entire life!) so ready to commence on 50mg Clomid tomorrow. (last round 50mg, 17mm follie) Only difference this cycle is the imaging clinic in Melb is closed from Christmas to Jan 2 so unable to get a scan. My FS is happy for me to use opk like last cycle and if nothing has happened by the 2nd then have a scan..

Feels a bit like we are batting in the dark with all this. We feel as though we are ready to use the big guns (IVF) and give it our best shot. Might sound weak to opt for that so soon but we want a bubba so bad we figure the physical side of IVF is worth it if it saves our hearts.

Enjoy what in most cases will be work break up days tomorrow! I'm sure getting in a swift drink before I stare at everyone else sipping bubbles on Christmas Day!!

Take care - hi to everyone!!!

Kate - You are an amazing woman. Such joy and optimisim will take you far. It's a pleasure to know you... I am sending WAKE UP KATE'S OVARIES vibes your way sweet love...
    Smudge: I am hoping that this cycle is IT for you. 17mm follies have produced a baby before today. Is there any reason your obs isn't increasing your doseage? Remember it's the year of the PIG next year. Very fortuitous!
    Hi Butterfly: You'll kiss that kilo good bye without too much trouble...

Nighty night gorgeous women

Well, I just got my progesterone level - and it was over 50 so YIPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
    At least we know I ovulated - now to see if it has increased my luteal phase OR led me to a Christmas !!!!
    I'll be back after my jaunt to *the coast* to pick up my poor weary husband from his very whirlwind trip... After the few days I have had I hope he remembered my perfume!!!

Oh you sweet sweet ladies. Sometimes I don't always feel that positive but it helps to have people like yourselves around me when I need the help and support. Currently I am just about counting down the minutes until I can leave for the airport to pick up my sister sooooooo excited. Can't wait to have big hugs with her.

BW- I wouldn't be too worried about the 1kg and with Christmas coming up there might be a bit more of that but we can shake that after the new year. How are your holidays going by the way?

Deb- Woo hoo with the progesterone levels. That is fantastic news. Now I am just praying you get your Christmas BFP. Good luck hun. What day is testing day?

Smudge- I was wondering where you were I thought you might be away for holidays. Sorry to hear that it was a BFN and that the witch arrived. Maybe this month is going to be the one for you. And like Deb said it is the year of the pig so hopefully that will be a good sign for all of us. My friend the other day bought me a little pig on a keyring for good luck lol. It is so cute. And by the way I don't think it sounds weak to go straight to IVF I think it is rather strong. I think I will be looking at this in the new year too after my break so we might be IVF buddies together.

Thanks, Ktgirl and Deb. I'm probably feeling more bummed out about the 1kg than I should be, really. It's just that at 69kg I'm within a healthy weight range for my height and at 70kg I'm officially overweight. And it isn't all that easy for me to lose weight, I can't exercise as much as I would like because of the arthritis. So I need to watch what I eat very carefully - but those three days have awoken the carb-craving monster, so it's hard! Also with Christmas and having too much of the wrong kinds of food on offer... I'll get there! But it's all contributing to a day of poor body image. Add to that the fact that I've got a friend coming over and the house is in a right state (it's filthy!) but my hand is still too sore to do much cleaning... gah!

But, I refuse to let this get to me too much! I'm sure my friend will cope with the messy house and the grotty kitchen and bathroom, and until then I'll just lurk about in the study with belly belly!

BW

hello gorgeous woman
    Deb, fantastic news!super levels... comon BFP for christmas
    I hear you BW, christmas food, so hard to ignore, but like Deb said, im sure it will fall off you.
    Smudge, sorry to hear about AF showing, your a month closer to your BFP....
    KTGirl, hope your ovaries have woken with all this encouragement around the place!
    well as for me, my scan showed everything in the right place, just not a view of the baby so to speak... i was very disheartened, but the lady said it was very common, so have to go back in 10 days time. Lets hope no bleeding or anything happens B4 then.Went for another HCG, as they suggested I do, just in case things were not progressing.... oh the joys... will have those results hopefully later today.
    Hi to anyone I have missed, hope your having a great day

Default Can I join please??

Hi everyone!
    Just wondered if I can join this forum? I confess to having been lurking the past couple of weeks!! Have been thru several of the forums over the past year-TTC, conception, preg, misc/loss, TTC after Misc/loss!!!! Now, have just done first cycle of clomid....SOO am I eligible?!!
    Have had a difficult year, but haven't most of us?!
    Have been started on clomid by FS to try and 'boost' likelihood of getting better follicles, after we discovered I am heading into an early menopause at the ripe old age of 36!! It may well not work with my history, but hey, I'll give it a try. We're also in the process of being approved for adoption, which should be finalised by March.
    I managed to get a BFP in March this year...only to have a missed miscarriage, then discover it was a partial hydatidiform mole. Got over that shock, then discovered I had post D+C Asherman's syndrome (scarring in the uterus and cervix, another rare thing) which has been removed by a wonderful spec in Sydney (we live in NZ!!!). Just when we thought we were able TTC again, bloods showed my eggs are getting old, and in short supply (diagnosed by high FSH)!! So, as a trial have been started on clomid 50-with the aim of producing 2 follies (if only!!). I'm having monitored cycles-with USS (d10,12,13) and oestradiol bloods same days as USS, then progesterone 7dpo. Thought we were doing 'ok' this cycle with a 18mm follicle on D13, +ve OPK and blood LH, AND told to go for it.....but then got phone call yesterday and my progesterone 7dpo is only 10 and told 'you haven't ovulated'!! Boo hoo! So, either another old egg, or unruptured follicle. Not a great phone call when your having your hair done!!! Last cycle before clomid I got a 74!!!!Arrrgghhhh.
    So, awaiting AF again, then going up to 100 Clomid and seeing spec for r/v and ?next action plan end Jan.
    Hoping for a BFP for me and everyone else in 2007!!!

MillyB you are more than welcome to join us. If you feel that you belong here, then here is where you belong.

It sounds as though you've had a tough road to travel

More from me later on...

BW

OK girls, I can't be on very long tonight because I still haven't finished packing and we're leaving tomorrow!

Had my FS appt today which went really well - my DH apparently has super sperm (his stats were off the charts, now I'm never going to hear the end of it ) and more importantly, my FSH levels are totally back to normal!! Very relieved to hear that. My FS said they should improve after my surgery but I guess I didn't really believe him. Well, he was right!

Sooooo, we're booking on for IVF. Possibly starting around 2 January :eek: !! We aren't sure if this will work out with the clinic closure dates, my cycle and the days I'll need initial bloods done to start. One of the nurses is going to try to organise it all for me and let me know tomorrow. I won't be too upset if we have to wait another cycle because it will give us time to save up some more money!! Bit freaked out about the financial burden, I must admit. Oh that, and being shown how to do my injections!!

Chelle - OMG!!! This is so spooky. I was seriously only thinking about you yesterday morning and wondering what had happened to you. You and Debbie have both been AWOL. I'm soooooo happy for you! Sending you heaps of

Deb - woo hoo on the prog levels! Well done! Let's hope you caught that egg!

Milly b - welcome! I remember reading an earlier post of yours because my sister has post D&C Ashermans too. She's been told it is too risky for her to have any more babies. She has two lovely girls but I think sometimes it still gets to her. Hope you have success, sounds like you truly deserve it!!

Hello to all my other lovelies. So sorry I can't do more personals but just don't have time! I just really wanted to let you all know how I went today and to say goodbye and merry christmas (again) before I leave tomorrow!

*See* you all in the new year!!
    Last edited by Willow; December 21st, 2006 at 07:00 PM.

Great to hear your appointment went so well Willow!!!! You have a wonderful holiday. I am going to miss you... I will be away from Jan 3-14 so I will catch up with you well into January. Big hugs for a Happy Christmas and the BEST New Year ever!

Welcome Milly. I remember you from earlier in the year. You are so very welcome in here and I know you will get lots of love and support from the very special women that make up this forum. I am sorry that things have been so tough. That increase in clomid might just do the trick. There has gotta be some wonderfully spunky eggs in there just waiting to hatch. to you...

Chelle: u/s at this early stage is often disheartening for the Mama. Try very hard not to worry - it is very very early days. How are those HCG levels going - have you got the result yet? The whole thing is a rollercoaster isn't it? We're all here for you...

I have had a huge day and am in here quickly while my poor tired husband has a shower. So I had better go and I will catch up with you all tomorrow...

Hi to everyone
    Wow, willow, looks like full steam ahead. I wish you every positive vibe i can muster as you go through this journey. Im praying for a BFP for you very soon.
    hey milly, I too have followed your journey in other posts, welcome and im sure you will get all the support and love from all these beautiful woman as I have done.
    Hi to BW and Deb,hope your DH has had a good catch up on some sleep. My DH is feeling the same had some 4am starts and 8pm finishes. so he a little aloof with life at the mo....
    Me, after chasing around in circles for my HCg levels, i got them. I can only assume they are good, I really dont know in basically under 48 hours they went from 24252, to 32340, so all i can do is plod on and hope there is a little embryo happy and nestled inside. I am very nauseous and my boobies are very sore, threw up this morning, so hopefully these are all good signs. Ifeel I cant get my hopes up until the 5th of Jan when I go for my next scan! Seems ages away..
    Hope everyone is getting all excited as much as can be for the christmas period, sooooo close....
    take care one and all

Welcome Millyb I hope this higher dose of injections does the trick for you and you get your BFP very soon.

Chelle- I don't know much about the HCG levels and what they are supposed to be but if you are feeling sick and have sore bb I would only assume that was a really good sign Good luck passing the time away until 5th Jan. At least you have Christmas in the middle of that so that should keep you a little bit busy.

Willow- Good luck for the new year. That is a bit exciting that they can get you in that quickly. Oh and the injections are easy you will be right unless oh course you don't really like needles. I find them easy but the sight of a needle doesn't turn my stomach.

Well for me girls I am just plodding along doing the injections. Just thought I would check the QLD fertility group closing hours over Christmas because Dr wants me to have a blood test on Boxing day and they are closed I will have to call the Dr and see what she wants me to do.

Hi to everyone I have missed I will be back later.

Wink

Welcome Milly!

Flowerchild - great result, I'm really pleased for you. When are you testing?!
    Umm, re the dosage my FS was pleased with the result last cycle just didn't eventuate. Also assume she hasn't upped it because of the risk of multiples. Damn - we'd love it! Feel like a naughty kid doing this cycle without a scan! That 17mm last month was CD13 and LH surge CD16 so hopefully ripened up a little.

Chelle - I hope the wait goes quickly for you, hang in there it is all sounding promising! My 1st cycle they failed to find my whole left ovary on an abdominal u/s...

ktgirl - with all these pigs flying we might not need to be IVF buddies! Let's hope not.. Hope you are having great fun with your sister - at least she made it out of Heathrow!

Willow, have a great holiday and a lovely Christmas

Hi Butterfly

Smudge, follies usually grow roughly 1mm a day so very likely it was nice 'n ripe... I am sending out all the positives I can.

Chelle; Sorry you are feeling so ill. That result looks good for under 48 hours. I have everything crossed for a sticky sticky baby!

Kate: *ovaries yoo hoo get to work*!!!!

I have to go guys will pop in soon.

I had the most excellent acupuncture session this afternoon! I was really really fatigued and sleepy and it's given me a huge energy hit - so now I'm still quite sleepy, but content and no longer feeling dead tired. She's still all worked up over the FS's recommendation to do nothing about the varicocele and was telling me about another article she found (I must remember to look up ACCESS) and has given me the name of a doctor who will do embolisations rather than surgery (must remember to look up the phone number too!). Here was me thinking that my next FS appointment is ages away - it's the 11th. I counted the days while I was doing my best pincushion impression and realised that it's only 20 days! My next acupuncture appointment is in three weeks, which made me realise just how close it is... it will be nice to have a bit of a break from it all over Christmas and new year, and then get back into it. The reason I was counting days was so I could figure out exactly when to start taking provera to try to make sure I have AF visiting when I next go see the FS... just so that anything he wants to suggest for treatment we can start on pretty much straight away. I worked out that 6 more days would be ideal, then start... but I'm still not sure if I will or not!

I feel bad for not doing personals, but it's just not going to happen. We're off to Newcastle tomorrow to stay with my parents over Christmas (must remember to call them and let them know!) and I'm happily ignoring the fact that I need to be wrapping presents and washing clothes and packing - all that wonderful stuff! My copy of swimming upstream arrived today, so I'm going to be doing a lot of reading while we're away. So far I've got three novels, a book on CBT and swimming upstream to work through... Busy, busy, busy!

Have a wonderful, wonderful Christmas everyone! I do hope that I return in a few days time to see more news of BFPs and that Kate's ovaries have awoken and decided to produce a nice, plump follie or two.

BW

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast