Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ December 2006 #3

Thanks girls, that puts my mind at ease a bit... i took the last tablet today, and so far so good...no bad side effects really at all, i think i had a bit of a hot flush last night, but nothing too bad...Just hope it's doing what its meant to be doing !! Can using Clomid get you more than one follicle?

Hi all just a quick update to let you know that I'm much more at ease about the IUI thing. Dh and I finally had a talk yesterday and he also read all the info that my fs gave me. I now know that this will be the path we will take in the next couple of months ( March maybe). Dh is actually looking forward to this and knowing that we have a plan in place. He is only worried about the financial side of things and I reassured him that we will be ok once I get a job.I 'm due to do my Austswim certificate in two weeks time so hopefully I'll be able to get a job not too long after that
    Anyway I hope you are all doing well and are having a great weekend

Twomums I'm pleased to hear that the side effects are minimal. I hope this does the trick for you this month. I'm not 100% sure about producing more than 1 follie but for some reason I think this can happen and thats what caused my cyst. I'm sure other people here will be able to give you some more info about this.

I still feel kinda weird posting in a TTC thread while taking the pill!

Question for the metformin takers... my FS has put me up to 1500mg (3 tablets) daily. I've previously messed about with the dose myself, but always took one in the morning and two at night and didn't have trouble. Now, I'm taking one with each meal, and it feels like it's disagreeing with me after all this time! Same tablets as before, so it's not from switching brands or going from slow release to regular or anything like that.

Has anyone else suddenly started having trouble with metformin out of nowhere? I guess it's either that, or it's going back onto the pill which has caused the constant nausea and diarrhea, but I don't recall having this trouble with the pill before... although, it was a long, long time ago when I first started taking it.

I feel awful all the time, and I'm really not happy! :frown:

BW

Hi Mako- Have you asked your FS how much the IUI is going to cost. When I did my IUI cycle I paid at the end and it was around $500 and that included my injections, scan, sperm washing and the insemination. My FS told us that you get most of that back from Medicare and we ended up being around $30 out of pocket. Maybe that should be something that you should check with your FS because it may help to eliminate that stress that you may have about the cost of the cycle. Good luck beautiful.

Hi Ktgirl
    I have been given a price list and it is as follows
    $120 Registration Fee
    $939.30 IUI( with dh sperm)
    $55 Semen wash.
    Total =1114.30 We only get $458.00 back through Medicare and I'm not sure how much, if anything my phf covers. The thing is the clinic recommends 4 cycles of IUI before moving onto IVF and dh is worried that we don't have the funds to cover 4 cycles. Once we get started he doesn't want to have to have a break because of the money iykwim. I however don't think like that and seem to be so confident for some reason that it will work 1st time round lol.
    Anyway how are you going with the break? I do hope you are ok.

BW Sorry to see that you are having a reaction to the metformin. I hope you are feeling better soon.
    Hi to all you wonderful people out there. I hope you are all good.

new thread time girls

Love

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011