Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/or Metformin ~ November 2006 # 2

Deb - TWW is almost over 9DPO today. Have been feeling good. Have been having a lot more CM post "O" than usual. Possibly the effect of the Clomid? Almost feels wet sometimes (sorry if TMI!). I have felt so good this cycle. Maybe just the thought of taking the Clomid has relieved some of the stress. I feel very positive and what will be will be. Those two things maybe a bit of a condratiction but I hope you know what I mean. Having said all of that, I have woken with slight feeling in my tummy today. Not pain as such, just a feeling which is the normal thing I get about 5 days before AF shows up. It usually goes away and then the day before the ache starts again just a bit stronger. So, not such a good sign. But, I have to confess that i have had this before when I was pregnant. First time was with the twins and the other time was with either Chloe or Grace. I just remember telling DH that there was no luck this month and then five days later broke the news that I was pregnant!. SOOO, still being optimistic. As they say, it's not over 'till the fat lady sings! So here's hoping she keeps her mouth shut!!!

Hugs as always,
    Debbie

Hey Debbie,
    Just read your post. I really hope that you have some success this month. Sounds promising. I'm really thinking of you heaps and praying that soon you have your little miracle-those two magic line on that strip that say BIG FAT POSITIVE!!!Then the singing fat lady can shove that up her jumper...lol
    By the way have you been on clomid for long? I'm out again for this month this time af showed up after only 12 days. REally angry about what and why my body is doing this,but soon i'll have the answers i so desperately need.Even considered cancelling the procedure until AF showed up and reminded me why i need to do something about this pain and inconvenience. Have a wonderful weekend;and thanks for your recent information,care and support.

XX Pauline

Smile

Hi ladies.

Firstly, what a supportive site this is! I hope you don't mind me joining your little group and hopefully I can add something positive too.

My husband (33) and I (31) threw caution to the wind in January 05. In about August 05 we started to wonder and organised our first meeting with a spec. To cut a long story short I have PCOS along with hbp and after altering medication and getting healthier my period arrived after long service leave, this week - MUCH to our surprise!
    We had a FS appt yesterday to touch base and my bp spec had given me an excellent report. FS gave me a script for Clomid to start in the morning!

We are so happy and very hopeful. I'm trying to read up and gear myself up for what to expect (frankly all I have heard is it's nickname is 'relationship wrecker!') ha ha. I am on a small dosage (25mg, cd 5-9) purely because my FS does not want to see more than 1 follicle, in an effort to minimise the risk of multiples. This is due to already being high risk because of my bp.

I am booked in to have a scan on Nov 20th to check for possible follicles.

I would love to hear any stories or words of wisdom from you ladies who have first hand experience with assisted conception. Is it normal to have a scan to check for follicles? This is an internal ultrasound isn't it? oh boy, I really do have a lot to learn!

Look forward to chatting here and wishing for your dreams and wishes to come true!

Good afternoon ladies,
    Sorry to invade your thread but I've been searching around to see how Princess has been going since her miscarriage. I just wanted to say hi Princess and that I'm thinking of you during this hard time.
    Thanks for letting me invade. I'll sprinkle around lots of baby dust before I duck off.

Cheers,
    Dan.

Hi Deb - *alf* and I are good. Nothing exciting to report which is fine by me. Just very tired after 2 early shifts and U2 in the middle (excellent concert BTW )

Off to bed but I will do personals soon. Love and baby dust to you all

Wow Michelle 9 weeks already, that time sure seems to have gone fast. I hope all is well with you and "ALF". When do you go for another scan?

Welcome smudge, I hope you get a bfp very soon. Good luck with the clomid. Some people get all sorts of side effects from it but, hopefully your like me and don't get any of them. Keep us posted on how you are going.and good luck with your u/s on the 20th

Awwww thanks Mako - it does seem to have gone quickly doesn't it!! My next scan is the NT between 11-12 weeks (when my OB will do the scan at the clinic for me). I thought it was a bit early but that is when he wants to see me so who am I to complain

I am sooooo full. I think I ate too much for dinner or there just isn't the room there used to be. I am getting a little scared about the tummy that is sticking out. I am not the slenderest but I can usually suck my tummy in with the best of them ..... not now!!! I didn't get to full term with Caitlyn and I was very *compact* so I don't think I have the excuse of pre-stretching. Oh well, a joy to behold. Won't be able to keep this quiet for much longer although scrubs for work do hide inumerable sins

I've been fairly quiet for the last few days because I'm just not doing so well.

the job situation appears to be stabilising, and the anxiety is under control (or medicated out of existence! but at least I'm not too zombie-like), but I just feel... bleh... Mood swings the last few days have been awful - I feel like I'm either grumpy or depressed... and the jealous feelings about the two pregnant bellies at work are just out of control at the moment! I wish I could pull myself out of feeling this way, but I just can't! I'm stuck.

BW

Hi girls. Sorry for ducking in and out lately and not really contributing. I have been quite busy last week and then this week, I had to do a flying visit to Adelaide (literally - there and back in a day) to attend a funeral. Took me a day to get over it. And then we had visitors. But things should settle down now before the big rush up to Xmas.

Hugs to a few of you girls in here. A lot of us are having rotten times and getting bad results back. We all need a bit of a lift. I sort of feel like I am stuck in a rut and feel like I am just living from month to month and coming up disappointed each time. Sigh...

Well, the BD fest is effectively over for us. Just doing it for recreational purposes now. Because of taking cows to the show last weekend and then attending this funeral this week, my BD schedule has been rather stuffed up. Fingers crossed that we caught the eggie though. I think I might have mentioned in the last thread that this time I was on Clomid (before that I was on clomahexal and then serophene). I know that they are all the exact same drug, but this time, I definately didn't have the "heaviness" in my ovaries. Praying that I did O. I used OPKs, but missed the day I think I O'd because I was travelling to Adelaide. i did take an OPK with me, but I forgot to use it. The previous day, the line was almost as dark as the control, so I expect that the follwoing day was the day. Who knows!!!???

So if things go awry, I expect to see AF in about 9 days. God, I hope not though.

Hi Michelle, Good luck with your scan. I'll be waiting to hear how it all goes so don't for get to post here. I'll be thinking of you and your little ALF. I love the name btw.

BW, I hope things get better for you soon. Sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. The pressure of ttc and work along with life in general certainly takes its toll. Take care and chin up sweety, hugs to you

Hi Hayseed, You sure have been a busy lady of late. I hope things become a little quieter for you soon. I soooo hope you've caught that little eggie and have a bfp to announce. You are so right about us all needing a bit of a lift

Hi to everyone else sending lots of baby dust and sticky vibes to all. Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Hi Girls,

Just taking a quick break from a very busy weekend to say hello. We are painting the outside of our house this weekend and have just taken a break for lunch and to escape the heat! Every time we plan a big job around the house we get a stinking hot day!

Not much happening with me, just plodding along waiting for AF to turn up, probably tomorrow judging by another temp drop this morning. Something interesting this cycle though - no LP spotting so far (cd27). This is the first cycle in 6 months that I haven't had it. If it wasn't all in vain I'd be a bit excited about that but considering I'll be under the knife in 9 days time it's a bit of a moot point now. Still, depending on the outcome of my lap, at least we now know that 100mg is a better dose for me if we can continue to ttc without ivf. I am assuming it's the increase in my dose that has finally stopped the spotting but will discuss this with my FS if it becomes relevant.

Chelle - I read your posts at work the other day and i really felt for you but was waaaay too busy to reply. All the other girls have since said what i was going to say anyway! Deb just has a way with words that picks you right back up doesn't she?? I just wanted to add that I am "only" 28 and I still feel that panicked feeling when I hear my biological clock ticking. I think everyone has a life plan mapped out in their heads to a degree and mine included having all my babies by the time I turned 30. I don't think there's a single thing wrong with having babies in your thirties or forties, but it's a very personal thing and I just wanted to be a young mum. That's not going to happen now and it's something that I too struggle with, so it's not really about age to a degree, I think it's more about hopes and dreams and plans not working out the way we wanted them too - ifykwim. Although I do appreciate your concern about your age impacting on your fertility. Anyway, glad to see you are feeling better.

Pollyanna - how are you feeling? I hope you are not getting too anxious about Thursday, but understandable if you are. I'm going to be shocking next week I think. I am thinking of you and praying for a brilliant result.

BW - you really have had a crappy month all round haven't you? Hope you are feeling better soon. ((Hugs))

Michelle - glad to see you pop in and that you and alf are continuing to do well. I think about you often and look forward to hearing about your next wonderful scan. Glad you enjoyed U2 - one of my girlfriends is 13 wks prg and went both nights!! I was impressed by her stamina! LOL!

Deb - congrats on becoming a moderator!!! Brilliant decision by BB. I know I'm a bit slow but I only just read about it.

Hayseed - I hope you did manage to catch that egg and this is THE month! I agree with you about the different brands of the drug - I took clomahexal the first two cycles and serophene this cycle - I felt A LOT more ovary action on clomahexal than I did on serophene which is strange considering I took 100mg this cycle and my previous cycles on clomahexal were only 25mg and 50mg. I know they say they are identical but I think if I do another clomid cycle I might go back to clomihexal.

So nice to hear from you Willow!
    You are so right about having a plan mapped out. We all have that and they all vary but they are real. House painting! I am glad it's you and not me! Good luck with it Willow!

Butterfly - it can be confronting when you see a pregnant belly. It is a difficult one to deal with sometimes. One of my dearest friends is pregnant with twins. She is a week ahead of what I would be. So, our babies were due only 7 days apart. I am enormously happy for her, but now and then I look at her belly and I feel sad for Eggy and me and our family. However, I can't wait to meet her twins when the time is right for them to be born. She has asked me to be at the birth of her babies - it's always an honour and this birth will be even more special to me somehow... By the time the twins are due I will be pregnant again I feel sure...
    Hayseed the waiting game for you. I have all things crossed for you...

Chelle :hugs: Sweet love.

Michelle - You have been a mum before so that belly can let it all hang out. I am so excited that you are at 9 weeks. I can't believe how that has flown (for me at least!)

I have had a full on weekend. My husbands fortieth last night - it was wonderful, good friends, good food and good wine - not that I had any wine. I have decided to behave as if I am pregnant so not a morsel touched my lips!

Talk to you all soon

Thankyou to everyone for all your kind words, love and support.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but all I want to do is sit in the corner and cry! I have no motivation to do the things I'm meant to be doing, and I just can't find the energy to force myself to do so. The strangest thing is that today a friend from church rang me to see how I'm going... all my old friends have children now and go to morning services, but I'm still going in the evenings only - makes it so much easier to cope at times. My friend made sure to tell me that she understands why it is so, that everyone understands, but they miss me and are all praying for me. I felt so much better after the phone call, but since then I've sunk back into the pit.

It's crazy - there's no reason for me to feel this way - life is good! Why can't I be happy? Hormonal mood swings? Possibly... I don't know! My hormones are all messed up and I just don't know how my body reacts to them... There's never been a pattern for me to be able to sit here and think "I'm feeling XXX, it's hormonal, I must be XXX in my cycle". I hate not knowing! I hate the fact that with me being so sick we haven't had sex in weeks! I hate the fact that sex has now become about making babies rather than enjoying being intimate with my husband. I hate the fact that we've been TTC for nearly a year, and I still can't even ovulate. I hate the fact that what most women can take for granted never actually happens for me.

I just want to be normal! I just want to be pregnant! Failing that, I just want to be able to have a regular and predictable cycle. I want the clomid and metformin to work for me. I want answers to all the questions I have. I want to know why my body doesn't work properly and what will make it work.

I want to go smash things and throw things, and cry buckets of tears, but I just can't let myself... I feel like I've got to be super woman and hold it all together... show that I can go on with a smile on my face when works sucks, I'm infertile, and the one thing I most want seems to be so easy for everyone else but is absolutely impossible for me. I miss my friends and family who are all back in Newcastle. I miss my grandparents who won't be here at Christmas.

I feel scared, alone and broken... but I can't let myself show that to the world... I sometimes feel like I can't even show that to my husband.

And now that the tears have started, they won't stop... Sorry for the vent - it's just so hard right now!

BW

You vent all you like Butterfly :hugs:

O Butterfly, I wish I could come and give u a hug! We all know how you are feeling, so we could sit in silence and listen! My heart aches knowing that you are feeling so lost, remember you dont need to be superwoman, just a woman! I pray you will find some happiness very soon. As Deb said, we are here to listen, so vent away

Heya Deb,hugs back to you...
    Willow, thankyou so much for your kind post. You are right about the path thing. I think that is what has messed it up for me, and not wanting to be pregnant at 40! BUT... so dearly want another little bundle, and I so see myself with one...So on that note Im feeling alot more positive and am thinking about things differently. I do have to say it feels so much better. Im way more relaxed about it! well at the moment anyway...haha, no doubt this will change...
    Good to hear you are doing great Michelle, wow 9 weeks, that has gone so fast..

Godluck Debbie and Mako, you will be next to announce some BFP'S!
    welcome Smudge, you will find all the support you need on this site, such lovely warm caring woman.

Hi and goodluck to anyone I have missed, getting late and muct go to bed, AF has nearly left the building after such terrible torture, damn witch.
    take care xxxx

BW - I have nothing to make this better, only to let you know that I can empathise with what you are feeling. I am here for you if you want to vent further (or on email if it's easier). Take care of yourself.

Pollyanna - well it looks as if the fat lady will be singing again this month. Started spotting. Yesterday only once and only a very small amount but I did notice (as you do!). Today it is definitelsy spotting. Only dark brown but that's how it usually starts for me. I'm only 11DPO so I will be lucky if I manage to make it to a 12 or 13 day LP. Thought the Clomid would at least sort that out for me even though I'm on 50mg. Oh, this is my first cycle of Clomid. As I'd never had any problems prior to my last pregnancy loss I thought that 50mg would be enough. My OB said that if I wasn't pregnant in 3 months to come back. Seems like a long time if things aren't improving. I would have felt better even if AF had arrived but with no previous spotting and a 14 day LP. That was how I always was without fail. I feel if I can sort that out then I will be in with a chance. Don't worry, I'm not really feeling too down. Will call for my Prog test results at lunch time. I feel that I should get a good result as all the symptoms that progesterone give me were a lot stronger this month (need to go to the loo, taste in my mouth etc). I know I get these with an increase in progesterone because I have used prog cream in the past. The days I used the cream I got those symptoms and at no point was I pregnant.
    Anyway, good luck for Thursday. It will be over before you know it. I will be with you in spirit.

Hi to everyone else and here's to a great week for us all.
    Debbie

Debbie - this is my first cycle with no spotting and an lp of 14 days. First time in the 6 months following my lap in May. I had no improvement whatsoever on 50mg and took 100mg this cycle.

Perhaps contact your dr to discuss an increase this month?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast