Thread: TWW - How long is the Pregnyl in your system?

Default TWW - How long is the Pregnyl in your system?

This horrid 2 TWW is killing me!!!! My trigger was last Sunday and I'm due for a BT on 18th but I dont know if I can wait that long Does anybody know if I use an early detection HPT which they say you can use 7 days before AF is due, will the HCG from the trigger injection still be in my system and give a false positive or does that depend on the dosage???

Any advise would be much appreciated. The wait is really driving me nuts - I cant get it out of my mind no matter how hard I try

sophabulous Guest

Tina I had the exact same problem when I got my BFP - I couldn't tell if it was for real, of if it was as a result of the trigger!

What was your dose of pregnyl? I used this as a guide:

Q: Can I use an HPT if I had an hCG injection (such as Profasi, Pregnyl or Novarel)?

A: You can, but you should wait 7-14 days after your last injection before the shot is out of your system. If you test too soon, you might get a false positive. Wait 14 days after a 10,000 IU injection, 10 days after a 5,000 IU injection, or 7 days after a 2,500 IU injection.

ETA: The only sure-fire way of telling is to get a BT 3 days apart - if your HCG levels go up, you're pregnant!!

Thanks so much Soph - I'm pretty sure my dose was 5000 - I'll use that as a guide and hope for the best!

Congratulations on your BFP!!!

good luck tina i know how you feel with the tww waiting...it kills me...good luck

Missy

Tina
    On all my IVF cycles I still had pregnyl in my BT at 10dp opu but it was gone by 12 days after OPU. When I got my BFP it didn't show up on an HPT until 16dpo. I had 10000iu (or 2 ampoules) of pregnyl each time for OPU and 5000iu for FETs.

After a few cycles my DH banned HPTs from the house and we just waited for the BTs provided by the clinic. Otherwise I just got depressed when they were BFNs. BT's are a lot more sensitive than HPTs. So for example a BT can pick up HCG of 2-4 but a HPT needs it to be HCG.

So if you do test and it is a BFN try and stay positive until your Beta.
    Last edited by Kar; October 10th, 2006 at 09:28 AM.

Thanks Missy and Kar

Havent tested yet - am too afraid to!! And hubby's getting a little anxious as well. I might wait until Friday - so it'll be 12 days after injection and hopefully the pregnyl (5000iu) will be all gone.

Will try to be strong but if I cave in I wont let the results get me too excited (or disppointed).

Good for you tina and good luck hun