Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultrasound before IUI? what to expect

sottovoce Guest

Default Ultrasound before IUI? what to expect

I'm on gonalf 75 units.
    It's my 3rd attempt for IUI.
    Had 2 cycles in may and june ...BFN
    Than I had a surgery for sinus problems .. so had to stop.
    I'm back this month had my second gonal f last night.
    and U/Sound is scheduled for Friday. 8-[
    but also very nervous.
    Not sure what to expect.
    please share you experience with me.
    I'm a new member to this forum ..and would like to thank all the warm welcoming wishes received so far

I'm 43 is any hope for me?

tiamiami Guest

Hi Scottvoce.. I believe we met on introduce yourself... I am also in a similar boat with you. I am 36 and on third cycle but my meds include clomid 100 mg and the two injections of Gonal F 150 mg each. Are you taking only Gonal F?? I also have my second u/S on Friday too check if my three eggs matured enough for insemination. I wish us both luck!!! Doo you have any children? I am tring for # 1. Keep in touch and keep me updated and I will do the same> You will love it on this sight the people are awesome. BABY DUST to all!!! :bdust: dust:

sottovoce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tiamiami
    Hi Scottvoce.. I believe we met on introduce yourself... I am also in a similar boat with you. I am 36 and on third cycle but my meds include clomid 100 mg and the two injections of Gonal F 150 mg each. Are you taking only Gonal F?? I also have my second u/S on Friday too check if my three eggs matured enough for insemination. I wish us both luck!!! Doo you have any children? I am tring for # 1. Keep in touch and keep me updated and I will do the same> You will love it on this sight the people are awesome. BABY DUST to all!!! :bdust: dust:
    I have one son from my first marriage... he's nearly 20.
    My partner has no children and we are desperate to have one.
    It's unexplained that I can not conceive.. except age!!!
    I pretty much ovulate .. the 75 gonal is just a extra help.
    I'm from Melbourne and my ultrasound this friday will be at Fremasons with DR Gronow.
    Where you from ?
    Good luck! and keep in touch.
    This forum seems so suportiv ..so many messages and good wishes =D>

Hi sottovoce, I am 37 and have just had my second IVF attempt but no luck unfortunately. I've found the IVF journey is a huge rollercoaster with plenty of high's and lo's. One thing that has definitely kept me going and kept my spirits up is this board - everyone has been so supportive.

I've been taking clomid as well as having puregon and orgalutran injections and had so many scans I've lost track of how many! I always get a bit nervous but I always remind myself that if I get the outcome I'm hoping for it will all be worth it.

Lots of luck with your ttc journey :luck: - hopefully it's short one.

Marg

sottovoce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MargOZ
    Hi sottovoce, I am 37 and have just had my second IVF attempt but no luck unfortunately. I've found the IVF journey is a huge rollercoaster with plenty of high's and lo's. One thing that has definitely kept me going and kept my spirits up is this board - everyone has been so supportive.

I've been taking clomid as well as having puregon and orgalutran injections and had so many scans I've lost track of how many! I always get a bit nervous but I always remind myself that if I get the outcome I'm hoping for it will all be worth it.

Lots of luck with your ttc journey :luck: - hopefully it's short one.

Marg
    Thanks and good luck to you too.

Are you actualy doing IVF or IUI?

i'm not familiar with taking clomid ,puregon or orgalutran injections.
    keep in touch

tiamiami Guest

Hi Scotvoce. I am single with no children, 36 years old and have not found that special someone but, my clock is still ticking so thats how it goes. I am on this journey by myself and able and could not be happier about my decision to have a little one. I also go for my U/S tommorow on 12/09/2005 to check the size of my eggs. I hope they have matured so I can conyinue with this cycle. I wish you loads of Baby Dust dust: :bdust: !!! Keep me informed. I will update tommorow night. Let me know what is going on with you.

sottovoce Guest

Hi Scotvoce. I am single with no children, 36 years old and have not found that special someone but, my clock is still ticking so thats how it goes. I am on this journey by myself and able and could not be happier about my decision to have a little one. I also go for my U/S tommorow on 12/09/2005 to check the size of my eggs. I hope they have matured so I can conyinue with this cycle. I wish you loads of Baby Dust dust: :bdust: !!! Keep me informed. I will update tommorow night. Let me know what is going on with you.
    You are very young so the succes is much greater than mine.
    wish you all the best Who's your doctor? & what clinic? hope you don't mind me asking. :bdust:
    I will update tommorow night. Let me know what is going on with you as well.
    I'm heading to the clinic after lunch to see the :doc:

tiamiami - I am in a similar situation to you. I am 37 with no kids yet but have a biological clock that's not just ticking but is screaming at me! I haven't had any luck via DI or IVF yet but am so excited about being a single mum, and that's taking into account that I'm sure there will be good times and bad. I wish you heaps of luck with your ttc journey and hope it's a short one. dust:

sottovoce - good luck with your appointment at the clinic.

Marg

sottovoce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MargOZ
    tiamiami - I am in a similar situation to you. I am 37 with no kids yet but have a biological clock that's not just ticking but is screaming at me! I haven't had any luck via DI or IVF yet but am so excited about being a single mum, and that's taking into account that I'm sure there will be good times and bad. I wish you heaps of luck with your ttc journey and hope it's a short one. dust:

sottovoce - good luck with your appointment at the clinic.

Marg
    Thanks Marg
    I'm back from the clinic(back to work) I have to go back tomorrow morning :doc: had an emergency and we couldn't wait any longer 4 him.. had to be back to work for meeting .
    Anyhow the nurse said tomorrow morning is fine for the U/S

tiamiami Guest

Hi Scotvoce. An update from doctors appiontment on the U/S... This month is cancelled due to the size 10mm egg getting only four mm and the two 8 mm getting only 10 mm. My doctor is Dr. Michael Graubert in Palmetto hospital plaza in Hialeah, Florida. Let me know your update.

tiamiami Guest

Sorry about that the 10mm grew to 14 mm.

Margz.... what type of treatments are you on??? Baby dust to you to.. Let me know how it is going.

sottovoce - hope your u/s went well.

tiamiami - I went through two insemination attempts, first with no drugs, the second with clomid and no luck. My first IVF mid-year was using synaril nasal spray, puregon injections for 6 days and then a pregnyl trigger injection - had two eggs but only one was mature enough - it fertilised & transferred but no luck.

The cycle that just finished was taking clomid for 5 days and puregon for 6 days - except the follices were still too small, so I had another 7 days of puregon injections - also having 7 days of orgalutran injections to stop me from ovulating - and then the pregnyl trigger injection. Still only got two eggs but both were mature. One was transferred and didn't take - the second didn't survive long enough to be frozen. And now I'm taking a break over Christmas and will have to look for a new Clinic because the one I've been at has run out of donors which is a real bummer.

So sorry your current cycle had to be cancelled tia. What treatments have you been trying?

Marg

tiamiami Guest

Marg...
    My first cycle I did Clomid 100 mg on day 3 to 7 with one egg maturing. BFN!
    My second cycle Doc did Clomid again on cycle day 3 to 7 and then two injections each of Goanl F 150 iu. I did not have to take a trigger shot because I O on my own. In this cycle I created Two big eggs 20mm and 22mm with another BFN!
    Now I did the same for this cycle but as you know eggs did not mature so....cancelled.
    Doc is putting me on 4 injections of Bravelle 150 iu and also the Clomid on cycle day 3 to 7. So when I get AF I am to call nurse and she will tell me exactly what the sequence is. We just have to pray :-]....

Scotvoce..... How did the Doctors appiontment go??? Any updates?

sottovoce Guest

Marg...
    My first cycle I did Clomid 100 mg on day 3 to 7 with one egg maturing. BFN!
    My second cycle Doc did Clomid again on cycle day 3 to 7 and then two injections each of Goanl F 150 iu. I did not have to take a trigger shot because I O on my own. In this cycle I created Two big eggs 20mm and 22mm with another BFN!
    Now I did the same for this cycle but as you know eggs did not mature so....cancelled.
    Doc is putting me on 4 injections of Bravelle 150 iu and also the Clomid on cycle day 3 to 7. So when I get AF I am to call nurse and she will tell me exactly what the sequence is. We just have to pray :-]....

Scotvoce..... How did the Doctors appiontment go??? Any updates?
    I had to cancel friday and went back sat morning.
    :doc: found 2 eggs... I'm not sure how big they are but he said it's on the left side and they are "nice ones"?? hope that is pretty good news!!!
    i'm still on gonal f 75 units!! and i feel that i'm definitely ovulating.
    back tuesday afternoon to the clinic for a other scan .. until than morning test to detect "surge" than IUI and the waiting game for

tiamiami Guest

Scotvoce it sounds great. I wish you :bdust: and :bluestick: :blues: pdust: and inkstick: Keep us updated and we will [-o< that you get you very soon!

sottovoce Guest

Scotvoce it sounds great. I wish you :bdust: and :bluestick: :blues: pdust: and inkstick: Keep us updated and we will [-o< that you get you very soon!
    thank you very much... this morning the ovulation test came up positive as well = the surge line is darker than the test line... so all good so far!
    Rang the clinic and now have to wait for a call from the doc...

i'll keep you updated

sottovoce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sottovoce
    thank you very much... this morning the ovulation test came up positive as well = the surge line is darker than the test line... so all good so far!
    Rang the clinic and now have to wait for a call from the doc...

i'll keep you updated

Some sort of Good news...
    i ovulated so ... i had my IUI today @ 2.30pm 4

2 weeks... such a long time to see what is the result.

tiamiami Guest

Oh Scotvoce that is awesome.... we will continue to be POSITIVE! I Hope you get a and no ...... Let us know how this 2WW period is going on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast