Thread: WARNING TMI!!! crinone and side effects

Unhappy WARNING TMI!!! crinone and side effects

ok here goes , this could be a bit icky for some girls.

i had EPU las friday and have used crinone gel since then. thing is i think i am getting thrush from it. im not sure coz i have never had thrush before..

when i go to the loo i wipe away icky lumpy stuff with traces of old blood in it from fridays procedure. is this thrush do you think? or could it just be excess gel coming out. i have the gel every evening before bed and today is the first day i have noticed anything.

Sorry about the graphic description.............

*las* Guest

I'd be inclined to think it's the gel. I get this with Crinone and the pessaries.

I know it's not real nice, but I'm pretty sure a lot of my friends have had similar things happen using them too!

Good luck with your cycle!

Unless you've got any of the other thrush syptoms, then i'd be inclined to think it was the gel as well. The nurse has already told me to expect some to come back out and that it can be a bit icky.
    Keep an eye on it though.

Jo

Hi Sonya
    I would say it is the Crinoine, i has the exact same thing. Some days are worse than others and some days you can barely tell. I wouldn't stress too much apparently its all normal.
    S

thanx girls. the smallest problem can seem so big in this emotional process....

I escaped the crinone as with the OHSS we had to freeze everything. One thing that does come to mind, though... if it were thrush, you'd be so itchy and uncomfortable that you'd REALLY know about it!

Good luck, Sonya. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

BW

Def the crinone - i can remember saying to DH its like ive got cottage cheese there!

yep, thats the texture alright. we women are so blessed with the things we put our body through (not!)

Hi Sonya,
    Yep that's the crinone. I was worried that the brown stuff was first signs of AF but the nurse said that it is just how the crinone comes out. I did get thrush from it and you would definately know!

Hi Sonya
    I can confirm that too. YUKKY YUKKY stuff. Although I thought it was more like the stuff you get after you rubout a whole page of pencil with an eraser! I refused to use it after the first go and did the lie down with a two pessaries thing every 8 hours instead. Hopefully you won't have to go through this again.

PS (warning TMI coming up) just be thankful it's coming out now. I heard about a woman at my old clinic who passed a big blob after she got her BFP at around the 6week mark. She though she'd had a miscarrage and was really upset until they worked out what it was.

lucky lucky LUCKY me, has now got the dreaded thrush from it (first time in my life!) rang the clinic and they told me a should be able to get a single dose pessary from the chemist. thing is she couldnt remember the name so i have the embarrassing job of asking the pharmacist which one and explaining about how im doing ivf. gawd i hope nobody i know walks in at that time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, bummer Sonya. That's not fair!
    Keep up with your questions/posting - i'm learning about what things might be ahead for me (2 days until EPU) and then i won't worry/panic if they do!
    Jo