Thread: What happens next if clomid doesn't work?

Default What happens next if clomid doesn't work?

Hi all,
    I am currently taking my second cycle of clomid (100mg) after my first cycle (50mg) was not successful in making me ovulate. Without meaning to sound pessimistic, I don't think clomid is going to work to make me ovulate. My question therefore is, what happpens next if the maximum dosage of clomid does not result in ovulation? Has this happened to you and if so what was the next step?
    TIA

Hi Jacqui,
    I did clomid for 12 months will no sucess from there I went to injections of FSH such as gonal F or puregon. This stimulated my ovaries too much and I ended up being a IVF patient but have gone on to have 3 pregnancys. I hope it works for you this month but it is good to know there is an alternative.
    Bec

Hi there

I was the same with my first round of clomid, I was on 50mg and it did nothing for me. My oby/gyn said that it is sometimes very hard to get the dossage correct as some people are very sensitive to the clomid where as others are a little more stubborn. I then took 100mg for the five days and my ovaries over reacted and I had three follies there. I was feeling a little bit like you the first time thinking that it wouldn't work but it did. Unfortunately we didn't get pregnant as AF showed up today But we will just keep on trying . This month my Dr wants me to take 75 mg. Keep your chin up I'm sure that it will all work out.

Kate xxx

Hi kate,
    Do you know when in your cycle you ovulated on 100mg? Also, do you get scans done for each cycle to check follie number (in addition to CD21 bloodtests)? I hope it works for me like it did for you - I'd rather too many follies then none!

Hi Jacqui,

I have just had internal scans for each cycle. The only blood test that I had done is after the 50mg cycle. After the five days of 100mg I went back to my dr on day 10 and she did a scan and we saw the three follies. I had then ovulated by day 12. I agree with you about having too many than none at all. When are you going back to the doctor? Keep me posted on how you go. I will keep everything crossed that you get the same result that I did.