Thread: What would happen if...

Default What would happen if...

I am on clomid this month to shorten my cycle for a FET. The only reason they want to shorten my cycle, is to prevent me from having too many blood tests to track ovulation.

What would happen if I stop taking Clomid, before my script has finished?

I started them today, so only 4 more pills to go. But i have been reading about it on the internet (something i should have done b4 taking it) and apparently it stays in your system for 6 weeks after starting? I dont like the sound of that, esp if i was to fall pregnant this month. Also, i feel some nasty side effects already.

So If i stop taking it, would there be any adverse reactions? Most importantly, if i usually ovulate anyway, i should still ovulate even if i stop taking it shouldnt i?

Any advice would be apreciated.

12bliss Guest

Hey ellyboo,

I am not sure about side effects of coming off clomid mid way.... i would say you would still ovulate (if u normally do) BUT it may come any time it may not be a regular ovulation. Then on the other hand if you have only taken one pill, it may be fine.

Thanks Bliss, I have phoned the fertility clinic, and they have advised me to keep taking it, now that i have started, because they still need to moniter me. I will just put up with the side effects for now!

I had teh same expereince with seeing side effects taht are described. But they giev it to you in teh hope of you falling pg too, so I aksed my RE and he adviesed it was fine ti take as perscribed. I aslo had BAD side effects wihle on it. Yurck!

Hope it deos the tirck.

Thank you so much Keen I hope you have success soon too, take care