Thread: Will Syranel or lucrin hurt if your PG?

Raideress Guest

Default Will Syranel or lucrin hurt if your PG?

I was wondering if anyone knows if Syranel or Lucrin hurt a pregnancy.
    Want to try naturally before our next cycle, but wont know if we are PG when we are due to start IVF medications, im on Lucrin instead of syranel BTW.

i would ring your ob...

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I agree with Janeo

Definitely discuss with your Dr. I googled Synarel and it said not to take it whilst pregnant so I'd imagine Lucrin would be the same.

Lisa

Raideress Guest

yeah i figured that would be the answer.
    Thanks all

I think I had to have a final blood test before I started the synarel, just to make sure I wasn't pg, so that might be an option if you want to try naturally anyway.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

My FS told me that Lucrin wouldn't hurt a pg (when we were thinking of doing an IVF cycle the month after an FET), but obviously no one likes to take chances. If you're starting on a down reg and will start Lucrin at CD21, you probably won't be able to do a pg test at the time, though, so yes, definitely get the all clear from your FS first, or alternatively not try to conceive that month prior to started IVF. I think some FSs make you go on BCP before starting an IVF cycle for this reason.
    Last edited by sushee; December 31st, 2006 at 01:01 PM.

I'm actually in this scenario right now, started taking synarel 3 days ago and although a very slim chance, there is still a chance that I could be prg naturally from our clomid cycle last month. Because of the xmas/new year public holidays I actually started synarel on cd19, so it's just way too early to even do a hpt. There's no way of knowing.

Our FS discussed this possibility with me and told me that it doesn't harm a pregnancy "as far as they know" and that's he's certainly had patients who've taken synarel without knowing they were prg and it had no ill effect. He did say that no big studies had been done into it (which I thought was a bit strange actually, considering the likelihood of this happening) but overall, he didn't seem concerned about it.

So I've decided not to be concerned about it either, we've only got about a 5% chance of natural conception anyway and I wanted to start my IVF cycle. Pretty sick of waiting around and putting plans on hold on the basis of 'what if's.

I'd definately discuss it with your FS/ob though.

Raideress Guest

Willow its amazing there isnt studies done on the effects of IVf meds on someone who is PG naturally, considering how important a PG is to an IVfer.

We will start lucrin on day 22 as Syranel doesnt stop my ovulation, so it will be too early for any HPT or blood test to tell as i ovulate CD14.
    Last edited by Raideress; January 1st, 2007 at 07:29 PM.

Raideress, I totally agree. I was quite surprised by it. Seems to me that it wouldn't take much 'studying'! Seems rather obvious that it should be done considering the meds are started on cd22 and generally it would be too early to know if you were prg.

My plan at this stage is to wait a few more days, probably till 10dpo and do an early hpt. Just for my own peace of mind, although I know in my heart that I'm not prg. Would be a minor miracle if I were.

Good luck with your cycle hun - I take it this isn't your first?
    Last edited by Willow; January 1st, 2007 at 07:33 PM.

Just moving to the Assisted Conception section....