Thread: Childcare at 12months

Default Childcare at 12months

Ok I am back ....with a new question.

I am going back to work in Sept when Kaitlyn is 12months old. She is going to be going 3 days a week but there is now the possibility I may need to work 4days a week. I have the biggest sinking feeling ..guilt about her going to daycare.....just need some encouraging words about how your kids have thrived in daycare.....pleassseee :-)

Cass

Milo hasn't started yet (but will this week), but my girlfriends daughter went to creche at 11 months, alternating 4 days one week, 3 days the next.

After the initial period of crying when they got there etc had passed, she loves it. When they're getting ready for work, she has her bag packed and waits at the door, sometimes rather impatiently, wanting to go.

I think a lot has to do with the care that your chuild is getting, so as long as you're happy with the care that you have chosen it should be fine.

My Charlotte is in childcare for two days a week and loves it. She is having a great time and is learning a lot.

My friend has two children, one who is 3 and the other who is 10 months old. She works fulltime. The 3 year old has been at childcare since he was 10 months old and he has a great time. He still loves his mum and wants to be with her but there are no tears when he goes off to childcare. The youngest is there as well now and he is also having a great time.

Children are adaptable, they will be okay and thrive with any decision you make. It will be fine.

Thank you so much girls ....such a nerve racking thing. I am sure you are right and Kaitlyn will love it ...as my DH says it is more going to be us that have the issue with it then her.

Thanks again

Cass