Thread: Ebay Stores??

jbprincess Guest

Default Ebay Stores??

My sister is due in March and after she has the baby, wants to make money from home selling things on Ebay.
    She already has a store on there, and is starting to sell clothes.

Does anyone else do this? Do you think it will work for her? I can't really see how she could make lots of money........?
    What else could she sell on Ebay?...... she is really into scrapbooking as well.

Thanks!

I am going to start this soonish. I have a friend who can make about $1000 a week sometimes, selling baby products. She buys them in bulk from suppliers and sells them on eBay.

I dont that you could make lots of money. But i do know a girl who used to buy things from op shops and then sell on ebay.

Jo

Kirsty77 Guest

My Mum sells things on ebay on the side and some weeks makes up to $500!!!I think it depends what you sell and how committed you are to it.

What I dont understand is how you can find a product that you can buy for a small price but sell for a reasonable profit???

Jess, i think you just have to sell what people really want.

For example, my friend sells baby products and HEAPS of people are willing to pay for stuff like that.

I know of other people who make stuff aswell and sell it on there. Like clothes, toys, woodwork items etc.

I have an ebay store, I am an aromatherapist and make my own skincare stuff and sell it. It is only one of the ways I sell my stuff, it can be hard because there is a lot of competition on ebay, a lot of people doing the same thing. I think the key to being successful is to find something to sell that either very few other people are, or to be able to offer incredibly competitive prices.

I sell a lot of stuff on Ebay. I tend to do it full on for a few months and then have a few months off, as sometimes it is a grind.

You can find wholesalers of products , but you may need a ABN/ACN to get genuine wholesale rates.

I did a "Garage/Yard Sale" trawl last year and spent about $100 on "one mans trash" and re-sold it all on Ebay for a great profit.

I find have to work pretty hard at Ebay to make good money, and be very organised with your time, but it is fun.

Lucy I have a friend that does that almost every weekend, and visits op shops too.
    I don't think she makes as much as what others have posted but she does make good pocket money. I think she ends up buying just as much stuff herself on ebay though lol!

LOL Sam, that is exactly why I do it.......so I can justify to myself the money I spend when I have a bidding frenzy on Ebay.........it is SO addictive!