Thread: Feeling like I am 1st year apprentice

*TamaraP* Guest

Default Feeling like I am 1st year apprentice

I have been doing my job for about 5 years and ever since I found out I was preggers, I feel like I have dropped back to being a first year.

I feel out of whack at work because I am getting everyone else to do things for me..

I am a baker, how long do you think this feeling will last???

My bosses are looking after me.
    They are making sure I am not lifting, keeping me on full time until I decide to leave and making sure everyone around me knows to be a lot more careful...

I feel like a porceline doll... ](*,)

kerry Guest

Hell tamara I have a desk job and my bosses/co-workers are still treating me like I am made of cotton wool.

I found until about 14 weeks I felt like a moron, things I had been doing for 10 years and proceedures I had even implimented suddenly made no sense and I had to keep asking stupid questions.

However that said I have had a horrid pg, although I wouldn't trade it for anything, so maybe that hasn't helped.

I think its great that your bosses are being so supportive. Just lap it up, heaps of pg women don't get any support on the work front so really you are one of the lucky ones.

Congrats on your pg, and good luck for it being H&H.

Tamara I used to be the senior nurse at our vet clinic, supposed to train others, but I couldn't even remember basic things for the first trimester. My mind was completely unable to focus. Thank God I got taken off surgical duties & radiology because I wouldn't have been able to do the mental work needed...

I know how you feel Tamara... I didn't tell most people at work until I was about 5 months along, and once I did I immediately got told off for carrying and lifting, and generally just doing things that I'd been doing all along. Although I kept doing most of them anyway (I figure I'm pregnant, not injured, and I know whether my body can handle what I want to do!). The main problem for me was that my memory practically disappeared - I kept forgetting what I needed to do next, and had trouble remembering if I'd done something I'd intended to (I have a desk job BTW). But my last day was yesterday, so now my brain can turn into mush without it being too much of a problem

Must be so frustrating for you. My brain was pretty much turned into mush for most of first trimester too. It was what gave it away to a few people at work.

It's nice to know that you've got lots of help and support from your colleagues though.

*TamaraP* Guest

Thanks for that girls, I just feel clumsy all the time. But at least I know its a symptom and not just me 8-[

kerry Guest

Definatley a symptom... the clumsiness... althought its a bit worse for me as I am hugely clumsy to start with... I don't think I have ever had so many bruises and cuts in my life and whats worse is due the pg brain amnesia I don't even know how they get there.