Thread: How do you announce it?

Default How do you announce it?

I'm nearly 12 weeks and I want to tell work soon. I just don't know how to say it! How have others approached the subject?

TIA for any advice

i was about 3 weeks and i said ive got something to tell you and said i am pg and burst out crying. it had been an emotional few weeks for me because we thought i would not be able to have children. my boss (a man) knew i was in the middle of having tests and stuff for it, so he was rather surprised! the other girl in the office who didnt know my probs, said, oh are you happy because of my reaction, so i explained to her i was and all that had been going on

Thanks Jillian and Min! I was feeling a bit yuk yesterday, and my boss noticed and asked if I was okay, so I figured it was as good a time as any to tell him. He was really nice about it and I feel better having explained it

I was feeling abit scared about telling my boss when i was pregnant with Glenn, I was worried she would flip! But I went in when I was about 10 weeks, it was my day off but also one of the other nurses birthdays. I went in and they asked what i was doing in as it was my day off I said "oh I just wanted to wish Brooke a happy birthday and I'm pregnant"
    My boss was fine with it. Brooke said she had an idea something was up because I am normally the one who eats all the lollies and chocolates that come in the drug orders, but they had been stacking up as I went off junk food. When the other Nurse came back from Holidays she said she had actually told her boyfriend a few days beofre hand that she thought I was pregnant. I guess they where all expecting it.

Fire Fly Guest

I told my boss at 5 wks. She came in back room where i was cleaning cages and she said 'hows it going', i replied 'alright'. She knew straight away i had something on my mind. She asked what was up. I said im pregnant. She said are you that great, congrats.

Wasnt the reaction i expected but she had to be told as i was Head Vet Nurse at the time who did x-rays and Anaesthetics alot. She was fine.

Not much they can do about it really when you think about it. Although i was constantly threatened with a drug that would abort me straight away. Lol. She was joking of course.

LOL Kerrie, I know the drug your talkign about!!

Me too.... my old boss actually bought a gas mask type thing for the PG vet & nurse he had to stop the inhalation & got it through the AAS, but my boss when I got PG just said I had to stay out of theatre :mad: ...my favourite place. We did have a spill one day & the nurse just threw everything in the bin & the vet ran out & made me leave the building for the day. ](*,)

Debbie Lee Guest

I told my unit leaders when I was only a few weeks preggers in case I had to dart out of the room suddenly (one of the leaders shared a double portable classroom with me). However, I told the rest of the staff when I was 10 weeks because I was sick of them asking what was wrong and staying away from me because I looked sooooooo crook. I asked the Principal to announce it at a meeting so they all found out at the same time. It was a weight off my shoulders!
    Hopefully next time I will be able to wait until 12 weeks before telling people just because it seems to make the pregnancy drag for everyone when you tell them early, LOL

*L* A few people at work knew straight away; namely the handful I worked around the most. A good thing because 1 1/2 weeks later M/S hit me with a vengence. I was planning on waiting to tell all until 12wks but SOMEHOW a girl that used to work in our office (and the biggest gossip ever) found out and rang me up. I figured it was better to tell my managers at 8wks than allow the entire insurance industry in Qld to find out through that girl.

The good part was that they were all very understanding from the start. Now that I've given my notice in; I'm just a counting down the days til I can get away from all of the end of financial year/budget countdown stress.

My immediate supervisor and one other person already know. In my case, I think it has been easier because I have been having infertility treatment for some time now. I told my supervisor about the IVF right from the start because I didn't know how the procedure would affect me. My manager has seen the certificates from the gynaecologist so I'm sure she knows something is coming. It's a government department so I know I won't get any grief from them. I really feel for people who don't know what the reaction is going to be.

Jen Schuster Guest

My work group were quite gossipy people and I really didnt like my boss so I waited until I was 5 months before I told work. I guess I was lucky cause I didnt start to show until 6 1/2 months.

I just walked in and said I have some fantastic news - DH and I are having a baby and I will be going on Maternity Leave in July - and walked out - LOL

Love Jen

I still haven't told people at work, i don't really know how to.

Well I told my boss at about 8 weeks, pretty much because I wanted someone to know in case (heaven forbid!) anything happened at work. Then all the other boys just sorta found out - mainly coz they put two and two together (not having a beer with them, not drinking coffee anymore, constantly looking ill!)

Fee Guest

My boss is 13 weeks pg and after she had her important scan she just went to the 2 partners of our group (I work in a law firm) and told them the news. Then she went to each person in our group individually to tell them the good news.

angel_eyes Guest

My boss announced it for me at a company wide meeting.

Bec Guest

I am wondering about this my boss is a man and I havent been going to drinks after work for months now.

I am planning on telling them at the 12 week mark after my NT scan I am just abit worried as I hate making annoucments :mad:

I think I will go into my bosses office and tell him and then tell everyone else or I am sure he will spread the word around fast.

Bec

I sent everyone at work an email that basically told everyone what was going on and when I was due, and signed it from M and I.

My pregnancy is through IVF so my boss knew all along, she was great support for the time I needed off etc. She even gave me her holiday house to use as I decided to take 2 weeks holiday after the embryo transfer. It was a great way to relax. And maybe that had something to do with why it worked. I am now 15w pregnant. My boss knew every appointment I had. So I had decided to tell everyone after I got the results from the doctor from the 12 week scan and blood test (downs test)
    So when I got to work and told her all was well. She call the the whole department together (30 people) not just our team I was expecting then said that someone had something to say. Noone knew it was me so there were all looking around. All I could say was meekly I'm pregnant. Many happy cheers then my boss said isn't there something else. I said yes its Twins.

Ladies crying and hugging me it was a wonderful way to tell everyone. Then my boss presented me with a lovely big box of flowers. so it didn't take long for the good news to travel to other departments.