Thread: How long to work??

Default How long to work??

I was just wondering how long people worked for when pregnant?
    :-k
    With my first when i told my employer i was pregnant at 7 weeks suddenly i didnt get any more shifts so i didnt work the whole time and this time im trying to work 2-3 days still and its killing me badly

Kirsty77 Guest

When I was pregnant with Gemma I had to give up work at 23 wks as my job is quite physical. What sort of work do you do? This time round I'm only working till 24 wks as I don't think I could honestly make it past then.

i work in child care what bout you?
    i dont think i will last much longer though

Kirsty77 Guest

Similar industry.I work with kids to but they have disabilites.I found it way to physical the bigger I got.Maybe think of giving up work earlier than you were expecting.I got high bp at 23 wks which was the cause and trust me getting high bp that early was not fun!I had doctors appts every couple of days until it finally started to come down.(only because I wasn't working and on full bed rest!)

Moving this to the Work/Maternity Leave forum...

I worked up until about 20 weeks. I only finished up because my my employer actually closed down the office I was working at,... and I was feeling far too tired at the time to go and search for a new job...

I work as a vet nurse and I had to go to part time and lessen my duties at around 20 weeks and then finished at 30 weeks.

Colleen Guest

I was working at the royal darwin hospital with alcohol abused patients until i was 7 months Pregnant. I got a fist in my head and thought it was way to close for comfort and thats why I didnt work longer.

Went to 37 1/2 weeks, a bit too long, but I had no choice financially. The work was not the hard bit, but the 45min-1hr on public transport 1 way with 1 change over that killed me.