Thread: Its time to talk to the boss...

Default Its time to talk to the boss...

Well I think it is time to talk to the boss about the months coming up to July and maternity leave. He wants me to go up and see him this afternoon.

Well these are my thoughts and wanted to know what others thought..

Dont really have a date of when I want to finish up. With money being tight I want to work close up to my due date, maybe end of June beginning of July. But then anything can happen from now until then!

What I am planning to suggest to my boss is that I work from home part time and then once or twice a week I will come in to the office for a few hours to pick stuff up and drop stuff off. I really think that I can do my work from home, all I need it to get something installed on my computer and away I go. Work can fax me stuff and call me at home.

If I can work from home, I will start back to work as soon as things at home gets sorted with the new baby.... If he doesnt agree to this, then I dont know what to do...

I think that sounds really reasonable. Good luck!

I think that sounds great, When i was pg with Xander i had a cruisy office job, and worked right up until my due date...

I hope your boss se's what a great suggestion that is, and agrees to it!

Good Luck xx

Veronica,

I'd tell them you 'plan' to work up til early July (if thats what you think you can do).
    Then suggest the working from home etc & see what happens from there!!!

Good Luck.

I have to write stat dec's etc, so I put I plan to work til 23rd June & lan to return in jan... That way i open to changing things!

Good luck - sounds like a great idea, hope he goes for it!

Sounds like a good idea. I hope he agrees to it.
    I'd love to be able to work from home - my boss oringinally offered it to me, but I was then told it was not available so I was really irked. I hope it all works out for you though.

How'd it go Veronica??

Didnt have time to talk to him. A few issues were going on and I didnt want to bother him. So I said we will talk on Monday, but now needs to be Tuesday cause he wont be in the office. He did say that he wants to talk about how long I think it would take to train someone new up, when I am planning to go and if I am planning to come back. I told him I have a few ideas and we will talk next week.

So if he wants to train someone new up, then maybe he wouldnt like my suggestion of working from home... Unless he only hires this new person for 6 months or whenever I am going back.... Or I could go in to work instead of doing it at home, a few days a week and maybe I can bring bubs in with me.. I am not sure, guess just gotta throw these ideas at the boss and see what he says!