Thread: Maternity Leave Letter

angelique Guest

Default Maternity Leave Letter

Hi guys,

I was just wondering, what is the most professional way to word your maternity leave letter. I need to write mine today but have no Idea how to do it.

Can anyone help me please?

I didn't write a letter at all, just told people face-to-face... I had to get a letter from the midwife with my due date though, and saying how long I was fit to work up to (my work has a policy saying you have to take leave from maternity 34 weeks unless you are medically OK'd to stay longer).

I would just write what your due date is, and how long you would like to take leave for (and from what date).

Hope it all goes well for you!

I had to complete the standard leave form Plus a Stat Dec - This is what was on the Stat Dec

~~~
    I __NAME__ of __ADDRESS__ do solemnly and sincerely declare that I will be the primary care giver of my child for the entire period of maternity Leave

taken:

Type of leave First Day of Leave Last Day of Leave
    (e.g. Annual, long service)

Complete Detail - this is what I wrote in green
    Annual Leave – All outstanding entitlement and accrual

Maternity Leave – 12 months

My spouse/partner has applied for / is applying for the following periods of Paternity Leave:

Type of leave First Day of Leave Last Day of Leave
    (e.g. Annual, long service)

My husband is self employed, therefore will not be taking any Paternity Leave

DECLARATION
    I hereby declare that I will not engage in any conduct inconsistent with my Contract of Employment with the Company (e.g. seek alternative employment, make improper use of any Company information, etc) during this period of Maternity Leave

Declared at: this

____ day of 2005

Signed: __________________________
    (employee)

Before me: __________________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope this helps