Thread: returning to work on monday and expressing

Default returning to work on monday and expressing

Hello there, ladies

I'm returning to full time office work on Monday, after 10 weeks maternity leave (one week before the birth, and 9 weeks off since then).

The plan is that (for the next 4 months as a minimum) that I'll be expressing at work.

Bubba feeds roughly at 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, and 11pm. So I'll BF at 6am (so I can get to work on time!) and then express around 10am and 3pm, and then BF again at 7pm and 11pm.

I have a 1hr commute each way, which is why his morning feed will have to be early, so that DH can drop me off at the station ... poor DH will get to be an expert in getting our LO in and out of the car, as I'll be getting picked up and dropped off at the station every day!

Since he was born, DH has fed Joshua at least one feed every day, and Joshua takes the bottle well. He sometimes spits up some of the milk (when he's getting full I think he gets a little lazy) but by and large, he does very well, and DH is wonderfully patient and gentle.

Anyways, I've got an electric Avent pump which I've been using for weeks and am very comfortable with. I've also got plenty of those Avent cups with screw on lids, and a travel bag, which will fit 4 cups in (which is obviously plenty!)

I've also got over 4L of milk in bags in the freezer so if I forget to bring the milk home one day, bubba won't go hungry! And there's obviously milk there for the first day I'm away.

I know I'll miss Joshua, and I'll probably call home a bunch of times - not because I'm not confident that DH will be fine with him, just because I'll miss him :sad:

But I feel like I'm forgetting things ... what?

Any ideas of other things which I'll need to do or organise or should be aware of?

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts - particularly anyone who has been in my shoes in terms of going back to full time out of home work, etc ...

thanks!

Hi, just wanted to wish you luck....I have just returned to work last week when bub was 10 weeks. I call whoever looks after him at least twice a day to check on him! I really do miss him and wish I could be a lady of leisure but got to pay the bills. By the time I get home I just want to hold him and not let go!

Sounds to me like you've thought of everything. I've just returned to work this week albeit part-time, but that's enough time away from my LO. I'm working mornings ATM but still speak to DH (who works afternoons) at least once.

Best wishes.