Thread: Time to go!

Angry Time to go!

I had such a horrible day at work yesterday. My boss has turned into a nasty ****head. Though he is not in the office very often, we correspond frequently during the day via email. Yesterday we shared a couple of heated ones. :mad:
    I really wanted things to end positively. I only have one more week here before I go on maternity leave and I think I've organised everything pretty well. It feels like he's deliberately being short, rude and even cruel to me, just because he knows I'm going anyway. Has anyone else experienced that sort of attitude from their boss just before they leave work? It makes me want to just say, 'stuff you' and walk out of here now!
    On a lighter note - I think it is just the right timing for me physically to leave work. I have an aching muscle in my back and I've just worked out it's from filing! How pathetic!

You poor thing. I think male bosses do that as a sort of defence mechanism. They think "If I push you away then you're leaving on my terms" how pathetic is that! Also it's hard for them to know how to treat a pregnant women who isn't their wife.
    I wouldn't read too much into it if I were you - just try and be super nice so you get a great leaving pressie!

It's an interesting thought - that defense mechanism... Though I think the reality is he's just totally insensitive, the jerk.
    Yup, I'm biting my tongue for the rest of the week - they'd better come good with the present AND a party, oy there'll be trouble!

Fraser Guest

some of my staff really cracked it at me in the weeks leading up to my end date - they thought I wouldn't notice them doing things they shouldn't and when I called them on it they got together and elected a spokesperson to tell me I was moody and short with people...... um hello.... I was 35 weeks pregnant - a little bit of slack wouldn't have gone astray.

It was possible that I was abit that way though - I was so over work by that stage!

Female bosses are worse! MIne was a cow but is now sweet as pie!

Just get thru the week... It's only 3 days to go!!!!

Hi Snacks.

Since I have told them I was pregnant I have not been involved or included in any decisions that I normally had full control over. It is like I am slowly fading away and becoming insignificant. I so know the attitude your talking about

Just remember sweet, try and let it go they are really not worth your energy.

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Hi Kristy

I am 24 weeks pregnant and soon as i told work they were like.. oh ok well this girl can do your job so no worries, she has already started and is taking over and thinks she knows it all.. Hmm Also work is not including me as much anymore either and i still have 3 months to go. Doesnt make me want to come back thats for sure.

Wow, while it's nice to know I'm not the only one getting crappy treatment, I do feel lucky now that I've got so little time left here.
    Thanks for the encouragement and hugs to you guys who have to put up with the crap for longer than me. Hope the time goes quickly for you. xx

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Hi Snacks.. keep your head up high and keep biting your tongue, not long and you will have a beautiful bubs to love you and give you lots of cuddles and the last thing on your mind will be that jerk of a boss.

Not wanting to excuse your boss' behaviour AT ALL but I've found that sometimes men in particular can act this way when they don't know how to express other feelings. For example, someone I worked with was very stressed about me leaving (what was he going to do without me??!!) and more often than not expressed this in a negative rather than positive way.

Why don't you turn it around and just think that he's not coping with the idea of having to do without you! Rest up and nurture yourself for the next few weeks.

Thanks for your kindness, girls. You have kept me feeling positive, which I really appreciate.

Maybe your boss is scared at what is going to happen when you leave. He is probably acting out of fear. You know how some male bosses can be. Mine ex boss was dependant on his wife at home and me at work and look out either one of us comprised his wonderful life (like making him work on golf day). The only reason he was happy with I got pregnant was because he wanted to close down the office and run to Melbourne with his mistress.

Dont stress about your boss there are plenty in the sea. Once you have that little bub you wont even think about him. Although I did get angry when I did not even get a card after 4 years of sheer dedication to him.

All the best

My Boss burst into tears when I told her I was pregnant & siad well what am I supposed to do... I said I am not taking 12 mths mat leave only 6-7... She started crying again, mind you I told her when I was about 6-8 wks preg (previous preg) & so she had like 6 mtths to organise a replacement, I ended up spending 8 days training some guy b4 I started my mat leave at 35ish wks preg!!!

So I am busting to tell her this time (NOT!)

Oh i feel for you this happened when i left my last job don't worry in a yr you will lookm back and laugh