Thread: UMAT??

mummymeegs Guest

Default UMAT??

As an aside to the studying mummies thread... I have to sit UMAT at the end of July!! :eek: I have the practice questions and they are doing my head in!! UMAT and preggers brain?? Not a good combination!!

So.. If anyone has done it, is doing it and wants to pass on hints and tips or just stress about it with me I would love to hear from you!!

Haven't done it but am thinking of doing the GAMSAT in a few years - I've had a go at those practice q's and wanted to wish you good luck. I'm sure you will do fine. Just take your time and double check it at the end.

Good luck!

MG

I have no idea what it is & sounds like I dont ever want to know!!!

But I want to wish you lot's of Luck!!!!

Tracey, UMAT is Undergraduate Medical Admissions Test and GAMSAT is the Graduate version i.e. already done a degree. It's an examination used in addition to Enter Score (TER) for application in to Medical School (and I think it's still used for Dentistry and Physiotherapy).
    MG

mummymeegs Guest

Yep... And it is scaring the bejeesus outta me atm!

All the best Megan!!! Wishing you lots and lots of luck with it!!!

mummymeegs Guest

Thanks Ambah! If my preggy brain stays away I should be fine!!

When are you sitting it Meg? Which degree are you applying for?

mummymeegs Guest

It is being held nationally on the 27th of July (I think!! Best check huh?). I am hoping to apply for Bachelor of Dentistry. I already have a Diploma of Dental Therapy which was two years full time. Now just wanting to expand a bit. The five years may be a bit of a stretch though. :eek:

What are you wanting to do?

Oh! Good luck with it! I hope you do really really well! But why aren't you doing GAMSAT? Doesn't your diploma qualify you?
    I want(ed) to do Med. But might have to re-think that. I want to join the RAAF as a nurse - might do Med some time down the track (they'll pay for it and are desperate for people to cross over to med) but will wait and see. I'm a bit over all the study right now.