Thread: What to do

Default What to do

Hi All,

Here is some back ground. Currently I am a Stay at home mum to DD who is 1yo. DH lost his job last week and has now decided to build up his small business which cant support a family atm. He then got a small contract which will bring in enough cash to see us through (only just). At the same time I was called and offered a job working part-time 2 days in office and 1 day from home. Good money too.And I dont have to start till Feb next year (bonus) i can have Christmas off!!!

Dilema - I want another baby!!!!! Atm I feel like I am in the mum zone not the working zone and I think it would be hard to transition back to work. At the same time the job sounds exciting. I also wanted to have my kids close together because I think they relate better when they are close in age. Also I am the last out of my friends and family to have babies and I dont want my kids to be too much younger than their cousins. Sounds silly hey!!!

I don't think it sounds silly at all. How long do you think your dH needs until his business can support you both?

Probably about 12 months. In the mean time we would struggle but not too much.

Is there any way you could work while trying to conceive and for the beginning of your pg - the first 6 months or so? That way you could hopefully save a bit to tide you over.

I agree Nat, start working in Feb & maybe make March your month of TTC, so it's only 3-4 months away, then you could work the 3 days per week til say 30+ wks...???
    Maybe by then DH's business will be off the ground well & truly & you can sit back & put your feet up???

Good Luck Bekz!

Thanks for your help. I just needed a level headed opinion. I am not thinking with a level head atm. You know how it is when you just want another bubba!!!!

Practically a good 12 months of earnings would set us up really well and we maybe even able to move from my shoe box house into a slightly bigger one.