Oh no that's terrible MN. Will it be easy for you to get another job?
I just dont know..... Have only just started to look to see whats out there. I think I will struggle to find a similarly paid role. Based on my tenure (14 yrs) and performance I am high on the renumeration scale. Entering another workplace I would potentially enter at the bottom of the scale again. The other issue is I currently have flexible work arrangements with a work from home day and an RDO to help balance family life. I'll lose that. A new employer is unlikely to offer that to me. I only have it based on my tenure etc

Today we have had confirmed that the redundancies will be rolling, and will commence in July, ending in November. I anticipate that I could well be one of the last men standing so to speak, as my role is a bit different and more complex than the others, who knows though

If we leave prior to the redundancy period (e.g. July) then its viewed as a resignation, no redundancy pay, after that dependant on when we are required till, we may be able to take our redundancy early if we find a job earlier, HR will confirm. I won’t be leaving without a redundancy pay, I would be stupid to leave earlier.

I am going to go full time in the interim, so I am paid out as a full timer, and to increase my income in the interim, I am devo though, I miss precious time with DD while she’s little. I hadn't planned to work full time until she started school. I feel terrible that I am making this decision based on money.

I am devo, I cant stop crying. This is just terrible. 14 years of service for what? Tomorrow we have to tell our people. The job cuts were announced on the radio today - WTF?? I had two of my people ask me if we were affected. I had to lie and say I didn't know. I hate this. Tomorrow we destroy the lives of about 70 more people. Our Leadership group is just shattered, at least we wont have to keep it a secret any longer