thread: Working Mummies Support Group #2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Add Kazbah on Facebook Follow Kazbah On Twitter

    Sep 2006
    Dandy Ranges ;)
    7,526

    Re: Working Mummies Support Group #2

    Sounds like you're doing well then WYSIWYG! er yeah about the dress code ... thankfully (for me at least) Target does some quite nice basics these days!

    I don't get the whole childhood ending thing ... seriously, anyone's who's been into a prep room knows they are still kids! Although it may be that the kids themselves think they are grown up.

    Morning snacks ... I give a drink of milk and that's it. Number of times I've dropped the kids off and they are screaming for food makes me a very bad mummy- but they tend not to with milk. Although toast fingers are quick & easy with some vegemite.

    Congrats MN!!! I hope it works well for you!!!

    Jaycee - wow, great hours ... I'm kinda jealous.

    Me - so chatted with my boss ... and I don't need to work from 830-5:30, just till 4ish is OK!!! Guess that means I need to be on the 6:40 train though... yerk

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Sep 2008
    Melbourne
    3,300

    Re: Working Mummies Support Group #2

    Sounds like you're doing well then WYSIWYG! er yeah about the dress code ... thankfully (for me at least) Target does some quite nice basics these days!
    Yes although even Target is really more shopping than I like. Clothes to just magically appear in my wardrobe is what I would like :-)

    My two get toast when they get to daycare - so I don't like to do toast at home - a couple of dried apricots / alternated with bananas are seeming to do the trick at the moment. Or an apple but they take way too long with apples and want to nibble them right up to daycare door, and two kids, two bags, on the tram is bad enough without adding two half eaten apples into the equation (reminds me tomorrow is show and tell day so will have a bag of some other creation as well)

    I felt really bad one day because they only run breakfast till 8:00 and I wasn't at work but the plan was to get them there for breakfast - well the kids dilly-dallyed on the walk there so we missed breakfast. They only had to survive till about 9:10 when they have early morning snack but I hate it when I miss breakfast so I did feel a bit guilty.