thread: Working Mummies Support Group #3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Moderator

    Oct 2004
    In my Zombie proof fortress.
    6,449

    Re: Working Mummies Support Group #3

    Ok here. Work is busy enough with some challenges, which overall helps keep me focused. Most work colleagues are pretty good, but there is one nuff nuff who I just cannot comprehend how she still has a job and she drives me batty. So the busier I am the better, so I can just ignore her.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jul 2007
    Adelaide, South Australia
    764

    Re: Working Mummies Support Group #3

    So today there was an emergency meeting at work. We were told that our Level 6 NICU (one of only two in the state) is being closed in 2 years and merging into one big statewide NICU in 2 years.

    What this means: Too many staff for not enough work. Loss of jobs. The option to tranfer to the new hospital (however positions will be EXTREMELY limited)

    Some staff will get to stay in the special care nursery - permanency doesnt mean you automatically get to stay.

    So what do I do?

    Start looking for a new job? (I won't be able to do what I do now though), or wait and see what happens over the next couple of years.

    Just want to cry.