thread: Working Mummies Support Group #3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic
    8,631

    Re: Working Mummies Support Group #3

    Hey ladies

    New thread woohoo!

    Wysiwyg - new job is sounding good. Where are you based? CBD or suburbia?
    How great that your mum is coming across. We are the same, my ILs are able to help which is wonderful. Visa, 13 years really??? Crazy.

    C&Smama - I'd definitely be keeping my options open. As someone said 2 years is a long time - start checking the job vacancies boards for your industry, register with seek.com if that works for your area... But don't do anything rash just yet

    Leckert - yay for your contract! Would you like teaching though?

    AFM: I've applied for a new job with a not-for-profit. Same sort of work but very different company. Applied Friday and have heard doughnuts which is starting to stress me out as of course I've decided I really want it...

  2. #2
    Moderator

    Oct 2004
    In my Zombie proof fortress.
    6,449

    Re: Working Mummies Support Group #3

    Fingers crossed OceanPrincess that they get in contact

    Caleb&Sevenmum - DH is going through something similar. Big changes are happening at his work, but it is all taking its time to eventuate. We are just bidding time a bit. DH is on the lookout for other work, but won't jump ship unless the other role is really worth it.

    Home with a sick kid today, was called into school to pick her up. I don't think she is that sick, but it works for me, as we have to get the house look presentable before 5:30

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Sep 2008
    Melbourne
    3,300

    Re: Working Mummies Support Group #3

    Hey ladies

    New thread woohoo!

    Wysiwyg - new job is sounding good. Where are you based? CBD or suburbia?
    How great that your mum is coming across. We are the same, my ILs are able to help which is wonderful. Visa, 13 years really??? Crazy.
    No am in Essendon Fields!!! Don't work in Logistics if you want to be in the CBD would be my advice. And if anyone wants to work in Logistics live West or North West Melbourne - not East :-(

    Good luck with your job app OP

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    1,794

    Re: Working Mummies Support Group #3

    Don't work in Logistics if you want to be in the CBD would be my advice. And if anyone wants to work in Logistics live West or North West Melbourne - not East :-(
    I had to giggle at that.. I work in Logistics (but much further north).. But I always tell people not to work in logistics.. It sucks you in, and you don't get out, LOL.